• Members 15 posts
    March 26, 2023, 6:17 p.m.

After trying lots,of other threads I settled on Fred Miranda but it is so disorganized compared to dp. High hopes!

• Members 45 posts
    March 27, 2023, 4:55 p.m.

I' m also on FredMiranda....but together we can make this site (also) a very good DPR alternative (as far as forums go ofcourse).

• Members 284 posts
    March 27, 2023, 8:42 p.m.

I have been an FM member since 2003, (not so active though), and yes, it looks pretty messy compared with DPR.

Besides that, I felt a little animosity towards DPR refugees. Many comments accused us of being “trolls” and that they have an awesome healthy community that might be compromised by all these toxic new residents.

I think a fresh start and being part of a new neighborhood is WAY better.

• Members 85 posts
    March 28, 2023, 5:59 a.m.

Been a long time lurker on DPR, but It's been my go to website after reading the morning news. I hope to be able to contribute in a positive way on this forum. The trolls can always be reported and ignored in most cases. Cheers to a fresh start!

Dan

• Members 12 posts
    March 28, 2023, 8:14 a.m.

Some of that animosity may stem from those who got banned from DPR after constant bickering and landed at FM. :)

• Members 146 posts
    March 28, 2023, 9:08 p.m.

FM threads have not been immune to their own home grown outbreaks of hostility on occasion, so there may be a bit of hypocrisy there.

That said, when any forum audience gets very large, a certain amount of fractiousness from some quarters becomes more likely. But that's where sensible and thoughtful moderation comes in (or, at least, should).