you are on the new server domainname will switch later
If you can not login please clear cookies
chevron_left
chevron_right
The-Photo forum
  • Home
  • Forums
    • theatersImage Discussions arrow_forward
      • chat_bubbleChallenges arrow_forward
        • camera Edit me an Image
        • camera Photo of the Week
      • chat_bubbleHave your photos Critiqued arrow_forward
        • camera Wednesday C&C
      • Showcase your Photos
      • chat_bubbleWeekly & Topic Image Threads arrow_forward
        • camera Abstract/Experimental
        • camera B&W Threads
        • camera Sunday Cats!
        • camera Weekly Collegial forum
        • camera Daily Outing
        • camera This week through your eyes
        • camera Landscape
        • camera Macro & Close Up
        • camera Street Photography
    • theatersMiscellaneous forums arrow_forward
      • Photo Hardware Discussions
      • Industry News
    • theatersOther Photography Talk arrow_forward
      • Photo History Trivia
      • Open discussions
      • Technical Discussions
    • Site Discussions
    • theatersWelcome arrow_forward
      • chat_bubbleForum Guidelines arrow_forward
        • camera Misplaced Posts
  • Threads
  • Users
  • Web Site
  • message
  • group
  • chevron_right Threads
  • label Other Other Photography Talk
  • label Open Open discussions

Adobe's End!

Daneland
Oct. 9, 2026
chat_bubble_outline 2
arrow_downward
  • link
    Daneland
    Members 2250 posts
    Oct. 9, 2026, 8:57 p.m. Oct. 9, 2026, 8:57 p.m.
    link

    Clickbait is effective, isn’t it?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB79TYI-Vw

  • link
    doctor
    Members 1647 posts
    Oct. 9, 2026, 9:22 p.m. Oct. 9, 2026, 9:22 p.m.
    link

    petapixel.com/2026/10/07/someone-rebuilt-free-open-source-versions-of-photoshop-premiere-and-lightroom-using-ai

    This comment isn't mine, but I agree with it:
    “I am concerned about the direction AI-driven creation is taking, both due to widespread intellectual property infringement—occurring in both the training and usage phases—and its impact on innovation. If complex tools like these can be so easily copied by a single developer with a limited budget, who will risk inventing or innovating anything in the future?“

  • link
    ArvoJ
    Team 1344 posts
    Oct. 9, 2026, 10:31 p.m. Oct. 9, 2026, 10:31 p.m.
    link

    I'm software developer, not an artist. Reading this comment, I would say that I do not understand, how creating Adobe clone, using AI tools is related to creativity?

    Of course I can understand that using AI to create art makes real artists life harder, if not impossible, even when people consuming art hate AI assisted creation (at least when they'll know about that). I totally do not like AI creating music or images or writing books - infringing IP or not.

    But how is that related to AI-based software development? I have yet to see AI creating something innovative in software area - it helps to implement human ideas quicker, it helps to try different solutions quickly and so on - but it does not produce ideas or innovation. Copying Adobe functionality in few months - this is purely mechanical process, there is no innovation. And if such process produces yet another tool for artists - why not?

arrow_upward

There are no more posts in this thread.

  • DPRevived.com & the-photo.org are owned and operated by The Photographer's Foundation Limited, registered in England, company number 14795583. Contact us here https://the-photo.org/contact.html
powered by misago