• Members 1 post
    March 26, 2023, 5:46 a.m.

Is their a market for it? Can this be done in a non-sexual way?

• March 26, 2023, 7:39 a.m.

There's a big market. Hard to say whether it could be done in a non-sexual way. Apparently the part of the brain that deals with sex is right adjacent to the bit that deals with feet, and sometimes they kind of mingle. It's the people in whom they've mingled that are the likely market.

• Members 8 posts
    March 28, 2023, 11:03 p.m.

In my decades of photography I have taken uncounted photos of my feet. I have found no market to date, but then I'm not a marketing guy.

• Members 244 posts
    April 1, 2023, 2:23 a.m.

Stock images of feet (generally a women’s feet) sell in stock all the time. The context that I can speak to is “spa/pedicure”. In the world that I used to shoot in, it required rather simple sets, lifestyle strobe lighting or natural light, and an aesthetic of “harmony, peace, and relaxation.” You may or may not need a second model (specifically a second “set of [female] hands”) to create the imagery. How well the image will sell in stock will depend on your vision, execution, and skill. But, stock being what it is now will still not create a lot of value for you.

Do a search on any of the stock sites for “feet” or “feet spa”….. you will see the type of imagery that I am talking about. Now, how do you make your images stand out and sell rather than the 5 million others that pop up…… that’s up to you.

And don’t forget your model releases and property releases as appropriate.

Best wishes.

Hope that helps.

• Members 6 posts
    April 1, 2023, 7:23 p.m.

There is a market for it. Not sure how big.

The answer to the second question is no, either you will like them or you will not. Folks may like feet, whether they are bare, covered with hose, or put in a shoe.