• Members 53 posts
    June 2, 2023, 11:45 a.m.

Please excuse the typos. I just enjoyed a few glasses bottles of Sauvingon blanc with my son.
    The Bees are still doing well in the melaleuca.
    Bees 01.JPG
    But they have not been unnoticed. Rainbow bee-eaters.
    Rainbow Bee-eater 04.JPG
    Rainbow Bee-eater 05.JPG
    Bush Cuckoo
    Bush Cuckoo 01.JPG
    Striated Pardalote - high in the trees.
    Striated Pardalote 01.JPG
    Signs that motorist take no notice of:
    Wildlife 01.jpg
    Unfortunately my much photographed lady friend can't read. Her offspring will no doubt fill the void.
    Wildlife 02.jpg
    I've stuffed my right knee - onwards and downwards....
    Dicky.

Rainbow Bee-eater 05.JPG

JPG, 2.3 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Wildlife 02.jpg

JPG, 2.2 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Wildlife 01.jpg

JPG, 1.4 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Striated Pardalote 01.JPG

JPG, 3.0 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Bush Cuckoo 01.JPG

JPG, 3.0 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Rainbow Bee-eater 02.JPG

JPG, 2.5 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Rainbow Bee-eater 04.JPG

JPG, 2.7 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

Bees 01.JPG

JPG, 3.9 MB, uploaded by DickyOZ on June 2, 2023.

• Members 214 posts
    June 2, 2023, 11:57 a.m.

Very nice Dicky. IBIS also seems to work with Sauvignon. Good to know

• Members 676 posts
    June 2, 2023, 2:42 p.m.

A good walk, Dicky … I'm envious of your sun.. keeping the ISO at 500 with SS of 1/2500sec .. I'm often at that SS but fighting to keep ISO to something less than 6400 …. of course you have a winter sun! …. very nice set ....

WhyNot

• Members 281 posts
  • Members 567 posts
    June 2, 2023, 4:46 p.m.

Love your birds Dicky! Too bad about your snake. I am assuming it managed to finish its trip across the road in a mangled state to get to the grass. Either that or someone moved it!

Take care of your knee! That will not do your golf game any favours!

Andrew

• Members 336 posts
    June 2, 2023, 6:02 p.m.

I like the birds, Dicky, especially the cuckoo. Too bad about the snake. I stop and take them off the road here before they are killed. Only rattlesnakes are dangerous here. If I have passengers they often throw a fit if it is a big kingsnake. They are the most mild mannered snake you can find here, but big.

I am sorry about your knee. That is something I can definitely commiserate with you about. When people tell me to stay off it I want to poke them in the eye. Rich

• Members 510 posts
    June 2, 2023, 11:45 p.m.

Always nice to see exotic (to me) birds, I wonder, is there a connection between the sauvignon and the state of your knee?

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:19 a.m.

Thanks - yes IBIS was a great invention.

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:20 a.m.

Thanks WN. I find anything above ISO1600 on the EM-1.II starts to get very noisy. I must admit I do enjoy the winter sun.

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:21 a.m.

Glad you enjoyed them Jimmy - we do have more than our fair share of colourful birds.

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:26 a.m.

Thanks Andrew, the poor old snake made it to the side of the road and now the ants are cleaning up. I'll check later to see if they pick the skeleton clean.
    The knee is slow to come good; I think it might be a combination of stress fracture and strained ligaments - that will take time to cure. It's my front knee at golf so it does take a bit of strain - If I don't get onto the front foot I slice the ball out of sight 😠
    Dicky.

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:30 a.m.

I think it is going to be slow to heal, it's been sore for a couple of weeks now. I think I hyper extended it; a big lump came up behind the knee but no bruise. The swelling has gone but not the pain.

Any date for your tests?
    Dicky.

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 2:36 a.m.

Yes, I always liked exotic birds but found them too high maintenance 😁
    The sauvignon helps dull the pain. I upset the knee by jumping off a rock about a metre and a half high in the rainforest on a track to a waterfall. Thinking I was 18 again - alas the digits are almost reversed now.
    Dicky.

• Members 336 posts
    June 3, 2023, 4:36 a.m.

No date yet, Dicky. I did find out that it has grown 25% in the last year, after six years stable, but it is still not anywhere near the point considered very dangerous. The surgery to fix it is still more risky than the aneurysm. I do what the doctor says and I take care of it by keeping up on the sonograms. I was just too stressed by the result of the sonogram a few weeks ago. I was dwelling on it and not having any fun. That will just make it larger. I quit that and am having fun. Rich

• Members 214 posts
    June 3, 2023, 4:56 a.m.

and Sauvignon ?

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 6:15 a.m.

Good to hear, take it easy and have lots of fun. My old mum always said "You die if you worry, you die if don't - so why worry"

• Members 53 posts
    June 3, 2023, 6:16 a.m.

An even better invention, right up there with a good Shiraz.