• Members 6 posts
    March 28, 2023, 4:39 p.m.

When I first registered here, the Panasonic Compact camera forum was lumped into the oddly named "Micro Four Thirds Cameras from the Same Manufacturer" category. Today that category has been renamed the "Micro Four Thirds, OM System and Lumix". I suggest that this current category name needs more clarity and that it be renamed “Olympus, Panasonic, and Micro Four Thirds”. Why?

• Category titles should use readily recognizable descriptors. Using “OM System” and “Lumix” in the title instead of the much more recognizable manufacturer names “Olympus” and “Panasonic” needlessly obscures the contents.

• Many people, (especially beginners) might not even know what a “micro four thirds” camera is. Because it is listed first in the title, some people might assume that the whole category is dedicated to micro four thirds. Instead, putting “Micro Four Thirds” last in the title makes it more clear that the category is not exclusively micro four thirds oriented.

My main reason for registering here was the existence of the Panasonic Compact Camera forum (which has been highly active at DPreview). My hope is that the suggested category name change makes it easier for potential users to find and use that forum.

• March 29, 2023, 8:27 p.m.

I can do that if no one objects.And if they do, we can find a way around it.

Alan