• Members 510 posts
    April 17, 2023, 11:32 p.m.

mad_viking.gif spank_u.gif club_idiot.gif

club_idiot.gif

GIF, 17.2 KB, uploaded by meow on April 17, 2023.

spank_u.gif

GIF, 6.8 KB, uploaded by meow on April 17, 2023.

mad_viking.gif

GIF, 11.1 KB, uploaded by meow on April 17, 2023.

• Members 510 posts
    April 17, 2023, 11:33 p.m.

Darn forum! It broke my smilies! Those are animated. 😭

Sorry I have to bring this to you, but those ARE the pesky unicode ones. 😋

• Members 336 posts
    April 18, 2023, 1:05 a.m.

You disappoint me, Charlotte. You didn't say a single word of admiration about the beautiful, old Packard Straight Eight engine pictured. Henceforth, I shall expect less of you. 🤔 Rich

• Members 510 posts
    April 18, 2023, 2:08 a.m.

He said, drooling.🙄

Bah. I didn't even see it.😎

• Members 567 posts
    April 19, 2023, 2:33 a.m.

Someone needs to clean up those battery terminals Rich! A Packard Thunderbolt! 327, same size as the Chevy V8s a few years later! Must be big!

Yep, none of those funny symbols, again!

🚫

Andrew

• Members 336 posts
    April 19, 2023, 3:29 a.m.

I have a thing for straight eight engines, Andrew. I've owned a few, Packard, Buick, Pontiac, Olds and Chrysler. My favourite was a 53 Pontiac Chieftain with a 268 straight 8, (a flathead like the Packard) and a four speed Hydra Matic Drive. The amber plastic head of Chief Pontiac in the hood ornament had a light in it and it glowed bright at night, and that was cool. But that Packard Eight is a very old design. The crankshaft spins in nine, that's 9, main bearings. 🤯 That 327 is OK at 180 hp, but Packard made a 359 with a four barrel carburetor which made 212 hp, more than any of the V8s of the day, including the Buick Nailhead and the Chrysler Hemi. 😲 Alas, the public wanted 'new & improved' and the V8s had more panache, and allowed a shorter front end. Oh, well, I've got half of one in my Kia. Rich

• Members 567 posts
    April 19, 2023, 4:07 a.m.

My dad had a 53 Pontiac Rich, but I was young and I don't recall the model name. The Canadian and U.S. models were not the same I believe. His was a two tone brown and a lighter beige brown colour if I am remembering correctly. I can not even recall how many doors it had so I don't know if it was a sedan or a coupe. Still, it made an impression on a young boy.

Andrew