FORUM GUIDELINES – THE SHORT & SWEET VERSION (thank you to RoelHendrickx for the original words).
• This forum does not care about brands. It’s not about the tool, but the image.
• Create a new thread with one image that you would like to get comments on and put in some text that explains what it means to you. Make the title something relevant to your photo.
• Feel free to look at the other images and give your comments.
• Please don't just post "I like it", but explain why you think it is good.
• Negative feedback is OK (we all want to learn), but be polite and constructive. Try to explain why the image (or essay) does not appeal to you and how it might be improved.
• Please don't post your own photos in someone elses thread unless you are trying to make a point regarding their post. If you want to be critiqued on YOUR photo, create a new thread.
The critique you give is vital. What was your first impression? What catches your eye about an image?
Why? What do you like, and what distracts you? What would you change?
Fiddle with the image in your head - composition, perspective, color balance, exposure.
It is understood that unless the original poster specifically states that they do not want an altered image posted that you are free to alter the posted image and repost it in a reply for C&C purposes (no use for other purposes!). That reposted image may remain permanently or you may remove it after a short period of time if you prefer. No copyright disputes here!
More general feedback is also welcome. Do you know something about taking the same sort of image that would make matters easier - share your own as an example in your reply. Encourage - it is a scary business putting your work up for other people to judge!