• Members 369 posts
    March 28, 2023, 3:02 p.m.

This is Bill Ferris, a 10-year veteran of DP Review. First, I'd like to say, thank you, to those who've pooled their talent and resources to create this site. This is a great service to DPR members and to the larger photographic community.

I do primarily wildlife and bird photography in the forests, meadows, and watersheds of northern Arizona. I also shoot landscapes, night sky, portraiture, and occasionally sports.

As a 27-year resident of Flagstaff, I've also done quite a bit of astronomical observing under our pristine dark skies and hiked over 1,000 miles below the rim of the Grand Canyon. To anyone who is planning a visit to my neck of the woods in Arizona, please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. I'll do my best to be of assistance.

I'm a longtime Nikon SLR (F3) and DSLR (D70, D90, D600, D610, D500) photographer and am a fan of the brand. I've had my fingers crossed for several years that Nikon will release a Z-mount version of the D500. The Z9 is an intriguing option but I would prefer to stay with APS-C.

I added a Fujifilm X-T20 to my kit in 2017 and have thoroughly enjoyed using it for travel photography.

In recent years, I've been active in DPR forum threads addressing beginner questions and also on Facebook photography forums where entry-level photographers come for guidance.

I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this new forum.

• March 28, 2023, 3:59 p.m.

Hey Bill, great to see you here.
    All we need is a few beginners, so we can answer all their questions. Anyone know where we could get a few?

• Members 621 posts
    March 28, 2023, 4:14 p.m.

Great to see you here Bill.

• Members 36 posts
    March 28, 2023, 4:16 p.m.
  • Members 7 posts
    March 28, 2023, 4:44 p.m.

Nice to see you Bill. I've started digital with my Olympus C-800L into 97, various Olympus, Canon & Sony P&S cameras, until my 1st DSLR, the D100, and shortly after, the EOS 10D, because i wanted to know, how the competition is. :-)

Rest is history, stopped with the 5D and 35mm Sensor, and also early 2014 with my A7. Since then, shot only little digital, more film again, then before, and during the past 3 years, besides my phone only 35mm Film SLRs....

Good light,
    Marc

• Members 369 posts
    March 28, 2023, 11:01 p.m.

Bob, it's great to be here. This is a nice, soft landing spot :)

• Members 369 posts
    March 28, 2023, 11:05 p.m.

It's great to see you, as well, David. There are a lot of familiar names and faces on this site :)

• Members 369 posts
    March 28, 2023, 11:05 p.m.

It's good to see you, Marc.

• Members 30 posts
    March 29, 2023, 1:38 p.m.

I have been to Flagstaff just once, just driving through, probably about 45 years ago (egads). If we get a chance for another more leisurely visit, I will reach out to you and get some guidance. Thanks for the offer to the community!

• Members 118 posts
    March 31, 2023, 3:56 p.m.

Hi Bill,
    I just joined. Using my first post to say “nice to see you here Bill”. I always enjoyed reading your posts on DPReview, along with those of a few other distinguished souls from DPReview. So will look forward to your posts here!
    Cheers!
    Jerry

• Members 369 posts
    April 3, 2023, 2:38 p.m.

Good to see you as well, Jerry. This site is collecting a good number of former DPReview members and I get the sense some folks are enjoying making a fresh start :)