• Members 16 posts
    April 7, 2023, 6:05 p.m.

It looks like I'm headed to Havana at the start of June. While our week will mostly be dedicated to sightseeing, I do want to carve out some time for photographing cityscapes and street scenes. Do people have any advice on locations or online Havana photography guides?

Many thanks and happy shooting.

• Members 1383 posts
    April 7, 2023, 6:56 p.m.

I visited right before Covid shut everything down, and loved Cuba. I found lots to photograph in Old Havana - old buildings, public plazas, fascinating street photos of interesting people doing interesting things, personable cats and dogs living free. I did some walking in the Capital area and Morro castle and along the shore. Be sure to find your way to places where the old cars gather, usually as taxis. They are very photogenic.

A very nice guide to Havana is the Luster guide 500 Hidden Secrets of Havana - the photography in the book is by DPRev member, Roel Hendrickx.

• Members 16 posts
    April 9, 2023, 12:38 p.m.

Thank you so much for this! I will look into getting the book. I find more resources I'll post them here. In addition, when I come back from Havana I'll add a few tips of my own.