• Members 5 posts
    April 2, 2023, 2:31 a.m.

… There is presently great discussion at this new forum about the moderators at Dpreview. Much criticism is absolutely justified. Good and interesting photographers were bullied by moderators abusing their power. And these moderators knew that they were untouchable. I personally had hundreds of posts unnecessarily deleted by moderator Mako over the years.
    … Just taking this opportunity to separate Rick Decker- the moderator at the Dpreview and Black and White forums- from any of this criticism. He was a shining example of an excellent moderator, and both his forums were a great balance of decent behaviour and enthusiastic exchanges.

• Members 4 posts
    April 2, 2023, 3:25 a.m.

Yes, agreed. And thanks for the hint to join, Iain... Just did -- martin (same username)

• Members 3326 posts
    April 2, 2023, 5:37 a.m.

Yep, +1000 :-)

He also moderated the Landscape and Travel Photography forum. He was one of the good guys and made that forum a pleasant and comfortable environment to lurk and participate in.

He too is the only moderator I would single out for praise :-)

• Members 5 posts
    April 2, 2023, 6:07 a.m.

I will add Roger Josem, Martin Ocando, Tom Caldwell and Rishi Sanyal to the list of good guys. Also Jeremy (Smaug01) even though he banned me once, it was fair!

….and Chris Dodkin to the hit list. At least DPR had the decency to ‘retire’ him as a mod.

• Members 8 posts
    April 2, 2023, 2:02 p.m.

Agree in 100%. Rick was/is/will be good moderator.