• Members 3318 posts
    June 25, 2024, 12:20 a.m.

So that to me sounds like you are happy to contribute to the bickering.

That includes you as part of the problem here.

• Members 961 posts
    June 25, 2024, 12:41 a.m.

Decidedly UNHAPPY. There, are you happy now???

• Members 276 posts
    June 25, 2024, 12:44 a.m.

What has your post resp. thread to do with photography?

Oh, the irony...

• Members 38 posts
    June 25, 2024, 2:13 a.m.

The problem is when a known troll makes another irritating post but of course the new ones don't know they are dealing with a troll so some try to let them know and that of course does fuel the troll....

• Members 1180 posts
    June 25, 2024, 2:34 a.m.

Administrators, are you reading this?
    So that to me sounds like an admission that Danny aims to initiate the bickering.
    No, Bryan isn't part of the problem here.
    Administrators, the ball is in your court.

• Members 1449 posts
    June 25, 2024, 6:03 a.m.

A lot of people who do not miss the overbearing Moderation on DPR, really enjoy the light touch here. This is a great resource, and I hope it can survive and hopefully grow. The fact that it is not a commercial venture means that there is no incentive to censor negative opinions about Brands and their products; something pricelessly rare in the mostly monetised internet we have today.

I have been called out in a couple of posts for calling another member of this forum a asshole. For the record I applied the very apt description to a Moderator on DPR, not to a member here. But of late, like many others here, my patience is wearing a bit thin with a certain person, who seems to revel in disruptive behaviour here. The obsessive nit picking grates. I studiously avoid replying to everything this person posts and I recommend others who find this persons behaviour intolerable to do the same, until there is a change in their behaviour. Those who seek conflict hate it when they are ignored. I do not want to be brought to the point where my frustration causes me to apply some epithet to a fellow member.

I will be more than happy if those who cause conflict and bad feeling, grow up and start posting intelligently. I hope the administrators of this site, who I know have much better things to do can convince a certain disruptive member or members with the carrot or the stick, to use this forum sensibly.

I also post on another forum, that like most photo resources, has declined in membership. There is no censorship that I can see, I have never seen a post removed. But everybody knows that a certain type of bad behaviour, will be jumped on. Moderation issues there are close to zero.

Otherwise I see this resource losing members, little by little, and once a forum loses a critical mass of members, it quickly dies though lack of traffic. At least one person who posts on the weekly photo thread , wrote that he had not been posting here, due to the shit show, certain threads had become.

• June 25, 2024, 8:06 a.m.

Hey, guess what. This thread is degenerating. I'm going to have some breakfast and then come back and move some of the posts away.

Alan

• Members 3318 posts
    June 25, 2024, 8:26 a.m.

Yep. Not surprising 😏

Some of the regulars have gone off topic in this thread.

Even Arvo (forum team) went off the rails.

• Members 3318 posts
    June 25, 2024, 9:52 a.m.

That is not true.

Even Alan (admin) posted you called a member here an "arsehole".

Maybe you need your memory refreshed.

dprevived.com/t/24mp-educate-me/5963/post/79702/

My post linking to your actual post where you called a member here an "arsehole" and "stupid" has been moved to the Dumpster but the screenshots exist so that is ok.

Here is one that was emailed to me.

dprevived.com/media/attachments/03/a8/LIeLYAc3nDTFBbQ64XeluHHI4xlHHYMt6wHgkFc4uGWtiwjZF7Dh1bcT2FApEUam/ncv-post-12.jpg

In any case people can decide for themselves if you are lying in your post above or if Alan is lying because you both cannot be telling the truth.

NCV_post_12.jpg

JPG, 84.3 KB, uploaded by DanHasLeftForum on June 25, 2024.

• June 25, 2024, 9:58 a.m.

I already said that I thought that lobbying to get another member sanctioned was toxic behaviour. This seems to be a prime example of it.
    Certainly Danno seems to have the effect of initiating bickering, but as I said he can't bicker by himself.
    I would ask everybody to stop making posts that exacerbate the types of discussion that they don't want. If you don't want bickering discussions, don't contribute.

• June 25, 2024, 10:02 a.m.

But everyone involved here has been doing this over and over. They all know exactly what will happen, yet they keep on doing it. Please, just exercise some self control.

• June 25, 2024, 10:42 a.m.

Too many high horses here. Can people resolve to just get off them and let it go. No-one really cares who called who what anyway.

• Members 3318 posts
    June 25, 2024, 10:57 a.m.

No problem. I just wanted to set the record straight.

It goes to his honesty and credibility. People can decide for themselves.

And he wondered why I didn’t blindly believe his unsubstantiated claims in other threads.

• Members 1449 posts
    June 25, 2024, 10:59 a.m.

After all the shit that went on over at DPR where certain moderators enjoyed handing out bans, I am somewhat with you on the subject of banning people.

I have a personal policy now of totally ignoring certain "names". I am not too sure how effective it is as it is easy to see at least one person on my ignore list is trying to provoke me into a reaction (see above), which will not be forthcoming.

• June 25, 2024, 11:08 a.m.

But that's how it works. If people know they can get to you, some of them will try it over and again. We try to cater for all personality types, and some people just rub others up the wrong way, whether intentionally or not. Tolerance is the point. IRL blanking is somewhat nasty, but works OK here (so long as not done in a demonstrative way).

• Members 177 posts
    June 25, 2024, 11:55 a.m.

Does this mean the end of "Open Talk"?

• Members 961 posts
    June 25, 2024, noon

Bob you keep asking us to stop replying, but I can't actually remember you asking him to stop his (call them what you will) posts. Crikey, one person inflames many, it's not hard to see where the problem starts / rests.
    Re toxic behaviour. Same thing. What you are referring to as toxic behaviour is a result of what most would refer to as something far more than that. Most of those "lobbying" are not people one would "normally" accuse of toxic behaviour. So even if their behaviour can be labelled toxic, what is it that caused them to behave that way in the first place???

This is not populist behaviour. Otherwise rational people are pissed off...