• Members 676 posts
    June 19, 2023, 1:53 a.m.

Not much this afternoon except a nice breeze and pleasant temperature and I thought these geese leaving were all I'd see today

1 Geese at the Marina.jpg

but then as we were about to leave we noticed a fisherman standing on a log in the pond behind the marina

2 Heron.jpg

He was soon joined by another fisherman …

3 Fisherman.jpg

Too many fishermen .. one had to leave …

4 One too many.jpg

And I think I've spent too much time here and will reduce my participation a bit and find a good book to read on these hot summer days ….

WhyNot

4 One too many.jpg

JPG, 3.7 MB, uploaded by WhyNot on June 19, 2023.

3 Fisherman.jpg

JPG, 793.1 KB, uploaded by WhyNot on June 19, 2023.

2 Heron.jpg

JPG, 757.6 KB, uploaded by WhyNot on June 19, 2023.

1 Geese at the Marina.jpg

JPG, 1.1 MB, uploaded by WhyNot on June 19, 2023.

• Members 567 posts
    June 19, 2023, 1:47 p.m.

Looks like a nice walk WN. The heat here has disappeared for the time being. It will get up to 26 C today so pleasant.

Enjoy your read! I should get out a book. There are many lying about here I have not read.
    Andrew

• Members 318 posts
    June 19, 2023, 7:16 p.m.

Nice set WN enjoy ur book and have a coffee while u read it 🙂

• Members 281 posts
    June 20, 2023, 5:02 p.m.

Nice set WN.
    I spent a couple hours walking around a local wildlife reserve where a couple people reported seeing 45 different species of bird yesterday, most of which would be new to my life list. I saw 7 species, got decent shots of 3, 1 new to my life list. Now I'm back home in the air conditioning where I'll stay as it's to be 90 and humid today, and the next 4 or 5 days. Ugh.
    So, I'll have time to read the book my wife got me for father's day.
    It is literally, heavy reading.
    IMG_20230620_115522300.jpg
    She's hoping I'll be more prepared for our trip next February.
    The author, Steve Howell, will be our guide.

IMG_20230620_115522300.jpg

JPG, 186.5 KB, uploaded by jimmyv4351 on June 20, 2023.

• Members 676 posts
    June 21, 2023, 2:46 p.m.

Sorry I've taken so long getting back but I got lonely here and had some other issues to deal with and those unfortunately will continue to take me away and reduce my time here .... but as I wrote I can take a book along and catch up on some things ....

Thanks for stopping by Andrew ... I hope none of those books that you have lying about are by C. McCarthy as his earlier book about a road had me almost clinically depressed and his latest almost had me committed ... I'm working on something easier ... but maybe I'll pick up another Rebus/Rankin book to discuss with Dave ....

So far so good .. not a great book but readable .. I hope to get out and about soon ... A new PT has me hoping to get away from the house soon ... Thanks for stopping by as the coffee and/or tea is always hot and the Kolch cold .... look forward to continuing our walks ...

Sorry Jim that book and those travels are not on my list but thank you for stopping by and the thought. ... Hope you have good read and trip and lots of pictures to share ... That does sound like a great Wildlife Reserve .. I haven't been to ours in a year or so as they have had much of it closed for upgrades and I haven't been able to get far from the house this year anyway ... but look forward to more of you pictures as you take us to yours .... 45 species ... !!!! Do you have pictures of each? .... Maybe a bird book ....

WhyNot

• Members 281 posts
    June 21, 2023, 9:45 p.m.

Nope, that was someone else saw 45 which got me to go there.
    I only saw 7, only got photos of 3, and only 1 was new to me.