• Removed user
    May 17, 2023, 7:32 p.m.

... by never again responding to @DonaldB, @BurnImage, @Porky, @Alfn, alfn1, @Alfn2, alfn3 ... and probably me and Danno.

Then, like old soldiers who never die, they might simply fade away ...

• Members 510 posts
    May 17, 2023, 7:36 p.m.

Aw-man… we’re all frenemies here. lol

• Members 240 posts
    May 17, 2023, 7:57 p.m.

I’m the last person anyone should listen to. I’m interested in photography and landed in a science forum by mistake.

Let the octogenarian scientists use this place to teach us with graphs, equations and by generally talking down to real world photographers.

I’m sure it’s a recipe for outstanding success.

• Members 2287 posts
    May 17, 2023, 8 p.m.

nothing else to read in the sony forums as there is only 5 sony owners.😒 🙄 have you seen the macro section 3 posts in a month 🥶

• Members 240 posts
    May 17, 2023, 8:01 p.m.

That’s because us Sony photographers just crack on.

• Members 2287 posts
    May 17, 2023, 8:04 p.m.

I think just owning sony pisses everyone off 🤣they are all jealous 😁and must feel insecure. 🙄

• Members 240 posts
    May 17, 2023, 8:06 p.m.

Probably …. Even on the old place Sony photographers just cracked on. 😀

• Removed user
    May 17, 2023, 11:34 p.m.

Hmmm....

• Members 510 posts
    May 17, 2023, 11:47 p.m.

Take it with a grain of salt Ted.
    The internet is not the real world, and… I sure as heck don’t take it too seriously. lol

• Members 663 posts
    May 17, 2023, 11:47 p.m.

While I have gone on record as opposed to a "Dislike Button," never have I wished more for one than here.

I'll simply ask if you'd like some cheese with your image.png

Rich

image.png

PNG, 81.7 KB, uploaded by Rich42 on May 17, 2023.

• Members 3344 posts
    May 18, 2023, 5:36 a.m.

And you got the hierarchy of that contumacious (oops) "star studded" list right as well 😄

I actually came close to leaving these forums a few weeks ago but changed my mind when I realised I would miss being a thorn in DonaldB's backside too much 😊😎

• Members 510 posts
    May 18, 2023, 7:45 a.m.

Don’t be going anywhere.

Some folk around here may just be yankin’ your chain. lol
    But, watch out for those who are trying their hardest to “push your buttons.”

Remember Danno…
    you will never meet anyone here, or in the real world, who is “better” than you.

• Members 3344 posts
    May 18, 2023, 9:07 a.m.

No problem on that front. As they say in the classics, I ain't goin' nowhere 🙂

And don't I know it!! 😄

Porky/David1961/Alfn and Tasad tried their damn hardest to get under my skin but failed and eventually shot themselves in the foot big time.

I've been around the Internet for more years than I care to remember and I've seen it all. I'm more than big enough and ugly enough to look after myself here 😉😎

At "trolling" subliminally, you're probably right 😀 😉 but in terms of knowledge and expertise in photography there are plenty that are way, way ahead of me.

I posted several times on dpreview to beginners wondering who to take seriously over there that they would do well to follow the likes of Bobn2, Illiah Borg, FingerPainter, Michael Fryd and Bill Ferris. The same applies here on DPRevived but I would add JimKasson to the list. It seems I never ventured into the forums Jim frequented on dpreview.

• Removed user
    May 18, 2023, 9:20 a.m.

Greg, you probably don't know that the internet is currently the only world that I have. Can't go outside and can barely hold anything - let alone a camera. I'm stuck in a wheelchair in front of the computer for most of the day. So, sad to say that your advice has fallen upon deaf ears.

• Members 3344 posts
    May 18, 2023, 10:03 a.m.

Since no-one is forcing you to stay here you look pretty silly to me continuing to moan about something you can leave at any time you like 🤣 How dumb is that? 😄😄😎

You seem to be struggling to cope with people discussing topics you are not interested in but they are.

• Members 78 posts
    May 18, 2023, 10:07 a.m.

Well, there's no denying that two or three clowns and one narcissist are having a detrimental effect on the place, all of whom are mentioned in your post. I guess it bothers some people more than others, but certainly puts me off viewing a number threads.

• May 18, 2023, 10:20 a.m.

I do have some problems with this general approach.
    1. How do we judge who has a 'detrimental effect'? Are there usage statistics that show this?
    2. Unless you are a qualified psychologist, I would be wary of diagnoses such as 'narcissist', and a qualified psychologist wouldn't make a diagnosis on a public forum.
    3. Your point 'I guess it bothers some people more than others' is spot on. Some people like a bit of spice and controversy in their threads, others don't One person's pointless irritating conversation is another's quest for an important truth. Should we be favouring one group over another?
    4. Of the named people I think that both @DonaldB and @BurnImage are making a contribution to the discussions on these forums. You might not agree with what they say, but they should be saying what they think in an open discussion forum. They shouldn't be shut up just because some members disagree with them.
    5. We're trialling a process of splitting threads when they go off-topic - which might help in some cases.
    6. If you're pout off viewing a number of threads, my advice would be not to view them.

• Members 209 posts
    May 18, 2023, 10:27 a.m.

I don’t think you actually understand what the word science means, I don’t think you understand how to participate in a discussion, and your tone is not pleasant, often condescending. Not to mention the constant straw men arguments….