• Members 669 posts
    June 28, 2024, 12:41 p.m.

I have a Canon T8i.

Lately, I have begun to notice that after the shutter closes, my display seems to give a little jerk down and to the left. It doesn't seem to affect the quality of the photo.
    There doesn't seem to be any camera movement in the final product, but I'm getting a little concerned.
    Is this normal?

Steve Thomas

• Members 669 posts
    June 28, 2024, 2:15 p.m.

I should add that this behavior seems to be confined to only Live View shooting. I'm not a scientist or a technician, but I suspect it has to do with the mirror dropping back down into place.

Steve Thomas

• Members 3226 posts
    July 7, 2024, 6:16 a.m.

Oh dear.......😟😟

This thread is an excellent example of why people should not judge a book by its cover.

When I saw your thread title "Little jerk" in the Threads list, I immediately thought this thread was going to be about NCV 😇 (sorry couldn't resist 😊 but odds-on this will end up in the Dumpster anyway ).

Anyway, unfortunately I cannot help you with your little jerk. I hope you found a solution.

• Members 1432 posts
    July 7, 2024, 7:05 a.m.

Something has probably worked loose with the LCD screen support, as live view, works separately from the mirror mechanism. Is the camera still under warranty?

It is still a fairly new camera so maybe it is worth getting the camera serviced by Canon.

• Members 3226 posts
    July 7, 2024, 8:03 a.m.

The lcd screen is used whether the camera is in live view or not. So if something worked loose in its support then the fault would likely not be restricted to live view.

It could also be a software glitch of some kind in the camera.

Either way it's probably a fault Canon will need to fix, not DIY.