• Members 5 posts
    April 21, 2023, 2:23 p.m.

Hi,

I checked that A6000 with MC-11 converter (I have both) and Sigma C 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM Contemporary will work just fine, in terms of AF.
    The problem is that where I live this particular lens is hardly available and costs a lot, if found on the aftermarket.
    I found some information on Sigma site, that MC-11 works only with C (contemporary) lenses, because those use some "new" focusing engine, specific only for contemporary (C) lenses.

Recently I found a lens, which is Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM, but without that C and MACRO. Still, it has HSM, which stands for focusing engine - hyper sonic motor. It looks more like the older ones - some golden "Sigma HSM" and "optical stabilizer" writings on it.
    Only one specimen of that lens, it is even hard for me to find one's picture online, other than those in the private advertisement. And it is being sold for an affordable price. A real bargain.

Anyone knows if it will work with MC-11 (EF to Sony E) considering AF as the main factor of decision? Will the HSM help, or the new Sigma C lenses use some other mean of focusing, that makes only them to work with MC-11?

Alex