A funny little camera
Who has heard of the KeyMission 80?
The Nikon KeyMission 80 is a portable, ultra-compact mini action camera designed to quickly capture photos and videos during outdoor activities.
With a 12-megapixel sensor and an f/2 aperture lens
1.75-inch LCD touchscreen
Contrary to Nikon's hopes at the time of its launch in 2016, the Nikon KeyMission 80 did not achieve commercial success and turned out to be a critical and strategic failure for the brand. In fact, the entire KeyMission line was officially discontinued and withdrawn from the market in 2019—less than three years after its release.
Today, industry experts consider the KeyMission line to be one of the biggest missteps in Nikon's modern history. ☹️
This year, the KeyMission 80 is celebrating its 10th anniversary (2016–2026), and I’d like to take this opportunity to share with you the three side-by-side comparisons I’ve done with this tiny camera.
Pentax Q (2011) / Nikon KeyMission 80 (2016)
www.flickr.com/photos/maoby/albums/72177720312963510/
Nikon Coolpix AW130 (2015) / Nikon KeyMission 80 (2016)
www.flickr.com/photos/maoby/albums/72157719291835371/
Nikon D500 (2016) / Nikon KeyMission 80 (2016)
www.flickr.com/photos/maoby/albums/72157719410599952/
Am I the only one who's used this weird camera?