• Members 63 posts
    April 24, 2023, 4:14 p.m.

After a recent holiday in Catalonia and day trip to Barcelona with just RX 100 VII, I started to explore deeper interests in street photography.
    I feel that the small body of the RX 100 line is really good for this, despite the limitations of the sensor size and wide/fast aperture.
    Here is a nice link I wanted to share:
    londonstreetphoto.org/2012/11/28/sony-rx100-street-photography/

Let me/us know what YOU think.

• Members 2 posts
    April 24, 2023, 5:46 p.m.

I got my RX100vii 3 years ago, but it took over 2 years before I started to know my way with it. There is still a lot I have not explored with this camera. I had a Panasonic FZ200 before the Sony. The Sony is much smaller and produces better quality image (specially in high ISO) than the FZ, the only thing I miss is the longer reach I had before. We'll be heading to Europe in a few weeks, I'm hoping to get an opportunity to try some street photography.

Kit

• Members 36 posts
    April 25, 2023, 8:38 a.m.

I bought a Sony RX100mk1 from E-Bay because I was curious about the 1" sensor. I think it is an amazing camera and it is my "always in my pocket" camera. The AF is super fast and accurate, the camera body is very well made and the picture quality is excellent.

• Foundation 1407 posts
    May 5, 2023, 1:32 p.m.

I have an RX-100-Va; but havent used it for six months. I got it out this morning and took some pictures with it.

I like the quality, which compares well with what I can get with my Canon R6; but the ergonomics are really a problem for me. Apart from the menu system, I find it really hard to remember where all the controls are.

My Canon, is much heavier, though that doesnt worry me. Its big advantage is that I can adjust the controls more easily and it is ready to shoot much more quickly than the little Sony. I am sorry to say this; but for these reasons the Canon gets much more use.

This is the full view of the Plague memorial in the Graben, Vienna. Cant avoid the tourists getting in the way at present!

DSC01062_b-Copy.jpg

And here is a detail of the top of the memorial. A pity about the nets put there to keep the birds away!

DSC01063_b-Copy.jpg

David

DSC01063_b-Copy.jpg

JPG, 2.4 MB, uploaded by davidwien on May 5, 2023.

DSC01062_b-Copy.jpg

JPG, 3.5 MB, uploaded by davidwien on May 5, 2023.

• Members 63 posts
    May 6, 2023, 2:24 p.m.

Hi David, thanx for sharing these.
    It is really helpful to spend some time with any of the RX 100s. If you set up "my menue" according to your needs, it operates rather quickly.
    There is not much need to operate the camera manually, P mode works great and with A or S mode you can quickly change settings on the front dial.
    Alexander White wrote good guide books!

PS: the extra little rubber grip works miracles....