• Members 485 posts
    April 25, 2023, 4:17 a.m.

Same problem with Edge and Vivaldi. Both resolved by clearing cookies and cache.

• Members 976 posts
    April 25, 2023, 10 a.m.

The problem is I think there may be many users who won't see this thread and won't think of clearing cookies / cache.
    I was logged in all day but couldn't reply to any threads nor create a new one and all the new post icons on the home page had the lock icon. Further, I couldn't logout / login because the search, pms and profile icons were not there. I cleared my DPRevived cookies and logged back in. That was a guess response. And then saw this post. I didn't know if the site was experiencing some issue or if I had been blocked (unlikely) or??? Also my problem was with Firefox while others said FF was ok so seemed random...

I say this because there is a reasonably popular thread I read that has had no new posts today other than mine and I am guessing many are sitting there wondering why they can't post.

I wonder if there is a way to force users to log back in on a browser refresh?
    Or at least a pinned post to all the categories

• Members 3339 posts
    April 25, 2023, 10:07 a.m.

That's a good point but I could still see and read all the threads while I was 'locked out'. But maybe Admin can easily send a bulk email to all members explaining what the issue was and how to login again.

• April 25, 2023, 10:14 a.m.

I don't think this will affect users who have not used the system since yesterday. I have a chrome login (as a normal member - "alanasuser") that was sitting there overnight. It works fine.

I'd rather not ask people to clear their cache if it's not needed as that clears out all sorts of things unless they know.

If anyone has issues, they can email me at alansh52 - at - outlook.com

Alan

• Members 535 posts
    April 25, 2023, 11:20 a.m.

Your description wasn’t incorrect. The issue is that browsers generally offer a nuke-n-pave Clear Cache option that clears the data for all sites. As Alan fears, this has ramifications that go beyond this site.

• Members 621 posts
    April 25, 2023, 3:21 p.m.

That is why I found the post on just clearing this site in the Safari cache so useful. I would not have cleared the entire Safari cache is that was the only option.

• Members 510 posts
    April 26, 2023, 11:59 a.m.

------ BUMP ------

For anyone still locked out of the forum.