• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:29 a.m.

LOL... man. you need to come up with a better answer than that ๐Ÿ˜ your scratching the bottom now.

• Members 976 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:29 a.m.

Non-clipped histogram has a downslope at the right. Yours is classic clipping.

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:30 a.m.

no it doesnt . again you need to play with your camera more, your loosing touch

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:31 a.m.

I have posted images in several threads both here and on dpreview. Feel free to post comments or feedback on any of them ๐Ÿ˜„

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:33 a.m.

You really have no idea what you are talking about have you ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

What Jim posted is totally correct ๐Ÿ˜Š

I can guarantee you 100% that Sony engineers will also tell you your camera's histogram is not a raw histogram.

For a given scene your camera's histogram will vary according to the WB and colour space settings you set which proves your camera's histogram cannot possibly be a raw histogram.

People in this thread have shown you the flaws in your findings and logic. You choosing to not accept them does not make your logic and findings true ๐Ÿ™‚

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:34 a.m.

come on people please post some test shots and histograms from your underwelming camera gear.
    Thats right your too embarressed because you cant prove me wrong and make a fool of yourselves.
    Im going to mow the lawn, so i better see some action shots not arm chair shots. because so far you have all missed the target ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Members 976 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:36 a.m.
  • Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:39 a.m.

I don't see it as a waste of time.

A while ago I posted that the reason I changed my mind about leaving DPRevived was that I would miss being a thorn in DonaldB's backside.

If he chooses to continue posting total BS and lies then I am more than happy, along with others, to highlight it ๐Ÿ˜Ž as a community service ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:42 a.m.

Your false logic, findings and blatant lies have been proven on multiple occasions in multiple threads by multiple people.

The best part of this thread and your other stupid threads is that no-one is buying the BS you are posting.

Bobn2 is therefore correct when he described you as a harmless troll ๐Ÿ˜Š

I can guarantee you 100% that Sony engineers will also tell you your camera's histogram is not a raw histogram.

For a given scene your camera's histogram will vary according to the WB and colour space settings you set which proves your camera's histogram cannot possibly be a raw histogram.

• Members 1737 posts
    June 25, 2023, 1:44 a.m.

Photoshop's 16-bit mode is really 15 bits pus one state. But here's a pure white reading in Ps:

image.png

image.png

PNG, 30.1ย KB, uploaded by JimKasson on June 25, 2023.

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:06 a.m.

oh com on Dunno, has the cat got your shutter finger ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:09 a.m.

so how does 1 million divissions show highlight clipping greater or more accuratly than 10 ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:10 a.m.

can blame it on the poor programming, that has built in default corrections.

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:13 a.m.

He is proving you wrong again ๐Ÿคฃ

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:14 a.m.

I have posted images in several threads both here and on dpreview. Feel free to post comments or feedback on any of them ๐Ÿ˜„

You can jump up and down making a total fool of yourself proclaiming your Sony camera displays raw histograms but your false logic, findings and blatant lies have been proven on multiple occasions in multiple threads by multiple people.

• Members 976 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:18 a.m.

You can blame it on the histogram being inaccurate and showing clipping where there is none.

• Members 2287 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:24 a.m.

come on danno post some test shots and histograms. but you cant can you you would rather hide and shoot from the chicken coupe instead of manning up at the front line.

• Members 3346 posts
    June 25, 2023, 2:28 a.m.

Your false logic, findings and blatant lies have already been proven in multiple threads by multiple people so I have no need to provide further proof to what has already been posted.