• Members 4 posts
    April 11, 2023, 5:22 p.m.

Hello out there!
    First, I would like to introduce myself as it should be every time you enter a crowded elevator. My name is Johannes and I come across like many others from DPReview. A tremendous process, to sacrifice such a cultural institution to capitalist calculations. I've been on the Sigma Forum since about 2003 and "stopped" with the SD1M, the last 1:1:1 Foveon sensor, buying further Sigma cameras. Many people like me are now waiting to see if Sigma and Xamaki-san will be able to pull off an FFF. I hope so. But as people at DPR got impatient and focused on blatantly pointing out the bad qualities and shortcomings of the Foveon sensors, other people like me have focused on posting punchy images or ones that capture the specifics (color rendering, resolution) of the foveon.

In the past I was allowed to do a whole series of exhibitions with my photographic art and my pictures. I have always used my Sigmas also for commercial purposes. And I am convinced that we have a very extraordinary, unique piece of technology.

Here is springtime and nature seems to explode with colors and green leafes. A feast for the eyes.
    (As I found out, you can open those pictures with right click "open in new tab/window. Then you will get the original SD1M resolution.)

A vine freshly prepared for the new year. In contrast to German winegrowers, Alsatian winegrowers leave 2 bows on the stick. Often in the shape of a heart.

With this picture I unfortunately have to ask my wife first how many different types of plants can be seen. The best thing is to write Latin straight away. Recorded "quite normal" in a forest.

Also in spring, a black and white impression can be expressive. The forest just echoed with the chirping of the many birds. In France, the beginning of a hike is often well signposted, later it is better to have a detailed map or a good GPS map with you.

This is a particularly impressive place for me. In the original resolution of the picture you can see the contents of the small box on the tree at the right side: A tiny Pietà, as is often found in Catholic areas. They are often brought there out of gratitude for an accident that ended up being unscathed, or as a religious accompaniment on our way.

Greetings from the French Alsace border!
    Stay peaceful and tolerant.
    Johannes