• Members 3346 posts
    March 27, 2023, 12:51 a.m.

I am starting a new thread because I cannot reply directly to bobn2's post in the link below

I am replying to bobn2's post at
    dprevived.com/t/my-reply-to-bobn2s-question-to-me-hello-from-marc-petzold-thread-in-this-forum/81/

At the time of this post, posting replies is still intermittent for me and obviously other members as well. Earlier this morning I was able to reply in one thread but not another.

Just my 2c worth in trying to help you identify and solve bugs/issues. In your Users list I don't see an obvious "test user" account. If you haven't already done so maybe create a normal end user account (say bobn2_test or whatever) from another pc which will have just normal member's privileges.

Hopefully using a test user account will help identify issues and speed up debugging as you move around and test functionality around the website. If you are testing with the bobn2 or root accounts (admin type accounts), which I assume have 'super powers', issues might be harder to identify and resolve.

Maybe the intermittency of being able to reply to posts is related to user's privileges being reset for some reason?

Anyway, good luck and I hope the "undocumented features" can be resolved with as little stress as possible.

Thank you again to you and others involved for setting all this up.

• edit

Thread title has been changed from Starting New Thread Because Replying is Very Intermittent.