• Members 485 posts
    April 23, 2023, 12:11 a.m.

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat!, a weekly gathering of image makers on a subject of mutual interest, our feline friends. The Sunday Cat! has appeared each Sunday, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK started the thread at DPReview on 23 September 2007. Successive thread managers have been John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and since September 2016, former lurker, me. With the shuttering of DPReview, the last Sunday Cat! was hosted there on 2 April 2023. After taking a leap of faith, the Sunday Cat! landed here at its new home on 9 April 2023.

Catnapping Kitty of the Week!
    Onion, wishing the world away
    Onion, wishing the world away! Thanks to @AnnieNg

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us."

“Official” posting time is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, posting time may vary to accommodate my schedule. I'll try to post a message if I know I will be very late. Anyone anxious to start the new week is free to do so. But if you do, please PM me so I don’t accidentally double post.

Come one, come all! All cats, all cameras welcome. Images from any time, any place. Let the Sunday Cat! be a refuge where nice comments abound and only constructive criticism is given when it's requested.

The Sunday Cat! is now open for business. :D

Last week's purrs, #809 / DPRv #2

Thread Manager's Corner:
    Last week we enjoyed kitties from all over the world! And under the coffee table too. ;) DPRv (as I like to call it) is beginning to look more and more like home. :) Thank you for being here and sharing your kitties. I look forward to what the new week brings. :D

New to DPRevived? Aren't we all? ;)
    There is now a section dedicated to helpful hints in using DPRevived.

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

• Members 86 posts
    April 23, 2023, 2:46 a.m.

PB210010_DxO_Small.jpg

An old photo in Nov 2021, the moment I captured Century Egg (Aka Black Egg, aka "Fat Egg") smiling when we were talking about Christmas party 🤣

PB210010_DxO_Small.jpg

JPG, 1.1 MB, uploaded by AnnieNg on April 23, 2023.

• Members 485 posts
    April 23, 2023, 4:09 a.m.

That one brings a smile to my face as well. :)

• Members 69 posts
    April 23, 2023, 7:26 a.m.

Grandmother! What big teeth you've got!

Those are some impressive canines!

• Members 523 posts
    April 23, 2023, 11:49 a.m.

Hi all. New member here. MinnieV, from Critique Section, said I should check out the kitty lovers! This is Stella, a 20-month old Tabby I adopted in December 2021. Once I learned that my new role was servant to a queen, life became much easier :)

Annie, your Century Egg looks like quite a character also!

P4130301 smaller w face too.jpg

P4130301 smaller w face too.jpg

JPG, 1.5 MB, uploaded by LindaS on April 23, 2023.

• Members 86 posts
    April 23, 2023, 12:01 p.m.

Hi Linda, Stella looks really cute 😊
    I remembered when I met Peanut and Century Egg in 2017, they were young and cute.
    However they are now emperors 😂

Exactly my experience too 👍

• Members 252 posts
    April 23, 2023, 12:10 p.m.

Extremely lovely and funny at the same time :D

• Members 676 posts
    April 23, 2023, 1:52 p.m.

KK & Wesley Again

I thought I'd continue cat sitting this week but problems have kept me away .... So here are a couple more from those I took on that first day ...

KK.jpg

Wesley.jpg

I have one or two more for next week and maybe I'll get over to sit with the cats this next week ...

WhyNot

Wesley.jpg

JPG, 448.9 KB, uploaded by WhyNot on April 23, 2023.

KK.jpg

JPG, 1.3 MB, uploaded by WhyNot on April 23, 2023.

• Members 663 posts
    April 23, 2023, 4:32 p.m.

Annie.

Playing with her dad on her favorite paper mat 4 years ago.

Annie1.jpg

Annie2.jpg

Annie3.jpg

Annie3.jpg

JPG, 2.4 MB, uploaded by Rich42 on April 23, 2023.

Annie2.jpg

JPG, 2.9 MB, uploaded by Rich42 on April 23, 2023.

Annie1.jpg

JPG, 2.2 MB, uploaded by Rich42 on April 23, 2023.

• Members 252 posts
    April 23, 2023, 4:40 p.m.

Cuteness overload.

• Members 485 posts
    April 23, 2023, 9:25 p.m.

Welcome to you and Stella! I love that shot from behind as she eyeballs the toys. :) Some kitties are fascinated by water, especially moving water. Does she play with the water or toys or just observe?

• Members 485 posts
    April 23, 2023, 9:32 p.m.

KitKat always looks so glamorous with her long fur and well filled out ruff. And the treatment with the eyes alone being in color really makes her a standout. Wesley looks so comfortable on his perch. The light really seems to define his muzzle. It looks like he probably has a fairly long one. He's a good looking guy. :D

• Members 485 posts
    April 23, 2023, 9:40 p.m.

It looks like Annie was having a good time at it. That second one where you can see the spots on her stomach makes her look like a wild cat! I bet that's what she wants us to think too. ;) In the last one it looks like a toy was just snagged away from her and she's ready to do something about it. Look out! :D

• Members 663 posts
    April 23, 2023, 10:02 p.m.

Annie's a Maine Coon. Very soft. Very sweet, very vocal. Life is an endless reason to play games. Solo or with my wife and me.

Although all cats are capable of doing it, she can get the goofiest faces.

Rich

• Members 523 posts
    April 23, 2023, 10:24 p.m.

Thanks so much. She has occasionally pawed at the water, but finds watching it disappear out of the sink more fun. At the risk of sharing too much, I'll also say that when she hears the toilet paper roll moving, she comes racing in to watch the toilet flush :)

• Members 251 posts
    April 24, 2023, 12:44 a.m.

Street cats of Istanbul

_DSC4333.jpg

_DSC4333.jpg

JPG, 2.2 MB, uploaded by Kumsal on April 24, 2023.

• Members 214 posts
    April 24, 2023, 4:24 a.m.
  • Members 485 posts
    April 24, 2023, 5:11 a.m.

One often has to wonder what is going on in their heads when they watch something rather mysterious like that.

That is pretty funny. They're good at associating sounds with things they find interesting, or maybe desirable. One of my cats, Palmer (Mr. P), often comes and waits expectantly by his dish when I use the microwave. For some reason he likes to have a teaspoon or two of warm water poured over whatever food he is served, so I heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave. But he seems to think that every use of the microwave is for him! My other cat Mini-Me (Mr. Me) often comes running when he hears me cleaning the litter box, and then climbs in before I can finish! Whatever is going though their heads is a mystery to us, that's for sure. I guess the mystery is mutually felt. :)