• Members 479 posts
    June 2, 2024, 2:41 a.m.

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat!, a weekly gathering of image makers on a subject of mutual interest, our feline friends. The Sunday Cat! has appeared each Sunday, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK started the thread at DPReview on 23 September 2007. Successive thread managers have been John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and since September 2016, former lurker, me. When DPReview was threatened with closure in March 2023, the last regular Sunday Cat! there was hosted on 2 April 2023. After taking a leap of faith, the Sunday Cat! landed here at its new home on 9 April 2023.

Employed Kitty of the Week!

Street Cats of Istanbul

Some of the street cats of Istanbul are moving inside as they find homes or new occupations. :)

~~Image by @Kumsal

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your pictures and stories of your feline companions with us."

“Official” posting time is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, posting time may vary to accommodate my schedule. Next Saturday, the 8th, will be one of those weeks. I already know the next posting will be very late, probably after 0700 UTC (midnight my time) or possibly even the next morning my time, depending on how late I get home that evening. Anyone anxious to start the new week is free to do so. But if you do, please PM me so I don’t accidentally double post.

Come one, come all! All cats, all cameras welcome. Images from any time, any place. Let the Sunday Cat! be a refuge where nice comments abound and only constructive criticism is given when it's requested.

The Sunday Cat! is now open for business. :D

Last week's purrs, #867 / DPRv #60

Thread Manager's Corner:
    I thought that once Palmer passed I would regain some free time as I had been spending a lot of time with him the last few months making sure that he was eating enough as well as catering to his every whim to be outside or inside the house as he desired. It seems that something filled all the space last week and I didn't even turn on my computer until today for the first time since the prior weekend! Nevertheless it appears that while I was gone there was also a lot going on in the kitty world and the potential for new adventures to come! Looking forward to what the new week brings. :)

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

• Members 243 posts
    June 2, 2024, 9:04 p.m.

Street Cats of Istanbul

DSC05946.jpg

DSC05946.jpg

JPG, 1.9 MB, uploaded by Kumsal on June 2, 2024.

• Members 61 posts
    June 3, 2024, 1:54 a.m.

Arni loves his mom. And dad. Just take a nap and Arni the lovebug will
    be there to keep you safe. And happy. And he seems to be very happy.
    arni at his best.jpg

arni at his best.jpg

JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by Slojoe on June 3, 2024.

• Members 56 posts
    June 8, 2024, 5:34 p.m.

EM120304.jpeg
    Lucasa greeting the new member of the farm

EM120304.jpeg

JPG, 11.9 MB, uploaded by palin0 on June 8, 2024.

• Members 479 posts
    June 8, 2024, 6:46 p.m.

Somehow, this makes me think of this. :)

• Members 479 posts
    June 8, 2024, 6:48 p.m.

Too sweet! And that's what the phone camera does best, capturing those images that would be lost because the regular camera is out of reach.

• Members 479 posts
    June 8, 2024, 6:53 p.m.

Beautiful image! And such a sweet, inquisitive look on the kitty's face. Something of purr-fection. :)