• Members 479 posts
    June 30, 2024, 12:26 a.m.

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat!, a weekly gathering of image makers on a subject of mutual interest, our feline friends. The Sunday Cat! has appeared each Sunday, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK started the thread at DPReview on 23 September 2007. Successive thread managers have been John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and since September 2016, former lurker, me. When DPReview was threatened with closure in March 2023, the last regular Sunday Cat! there was hosted on 2 April 2023. After taking a leap of faith, the Sunday Cat! landed here at its new home on 9 April 2023.

Palmer's last day

Palmer and Mini-Me

Since last week was so quiet, I thought I'd echo it with this reminder of one less purr in my house. Maybe a bit somber start for the week, but as happens, the hole when we lose a kitty takes a while to close. Palmer left, Mini-Me right.

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your pictures and stories of your feline companions with us."

“Official” posting time is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, posting time may vary to accommodate my schedule. I'll try to post a message if I know I will be very late. Anyone anxious to start the new week is free to do so. But if you do, please PM me so I don’t accidentally double post.

Come one, come all! All cats, all cameras welcome. Images from any time, any place. Let the Sunday Cat! be a refuge where nice comments abound and only constructive criticism is given when it's requested.

The Sunday Cat! is now open for business. :D

Last week's purrs, #871 / DPRv #64 No new photos last week but at least keeping the reverse chaining in place.

Thread Manager's Corner:
    Last week was that rare exception with no new photos. When that happens I get to feature my own images. Thus far that has happened only one other time so I think we're safe from it occurring too often. Summer is here and travel is probably upon us. I would expect things to slow down now. I returned from my own travel this past Monday and then spent the rest of the week recovering from the various new germs I apparently encountered! I hope everyone else who travels this summer does much better than I did! :)

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

IMG_0038_last_day.jpg

JPG, 4.5 MB, uploaded by rodriguezPhoto on June 30, 2024.

• Members 211 posts
    June 30, 2024, 7:27 a.m.

We've had 9 months of constant rain...therefore the cats are happy to have a bit of sun to go out into the garden. Tiger in the flowers

live.staticflickr.com/65535/53824022067_c0613c7a9e_5k.jpg280624 tiger (1 of 1) by softmarmotte, on Flickr

280624 tiger (1 of 1).jpg

JPG, 14.9 MB, uploaded by softmarmotte on June 30, 2024.

• Members 61 posts
    July 1, 2024, 5:55 p.m.

Wifi cat Amos (rip) used to either sit himself on my keyboard or sit on the internet router/hub during the winter months to stay warm.
    Sitting on top of the router was warmer than the keyboard so he kept a close eye on where I went on the web at the time. The photo is at
    least 14 years old Amos was my cat as I was his human. I'll never forget him.

Amos the WiFi cat-1.JPG
    0W0mJXZ/24523/?shva=1)](/a/STlrq3JnR9gleBDu7VkxYev026sRFZuWS5dV9mWl0w4HbKWbTlsNu3Oq70W0mJXZ/24523/?shva=1)

Amos the WiFi cat-1.JPG

JPG, 1.3 MB, uploaded by Slojoe on July 1, 2024.

• Members 479 posts
    July 7, 2024, midnight

In the world of "better late than never" I'm on to add some comments here and then start the new week!

• Members 479 posts
    July 7, 2024, 12:11 a.m.

At least the rain helps with the beauty of your garden. I suppose it makes for more work though by encouraging more growth. Here we have the opposite problem. Hot and dry. Today is supposed to be the last day of a week where temps topped 100F (currently somewhere between 106F and 110F depending on which reporting site I look at...) I've been hoping to get a melted Mini-Me photo to post but he's making an effort to stay in dark corners where it is hard to get a good image. Hope that the fair weather continues for you, your garden and the kitties!

• Members 479 posts
    July 7, 2024, 12:19 a.m.

It's an old photo but certainly a memorable one. :) As you know those heat sensing pads on the bottom of their feet are very good at detecting the warm spots that kitties love. ;) That sweet look in his eyes seems to speak to your connection to him and his to you. :D