• Members 487 posts
    Sept. 22, 2024, 9:02 p.m.

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat!, a weekly gathering of image makers on a subject of mutual interest, our feline friends. The Sunday Cat! was launched by Anton AK at DPReview on 23 September 2007, and this week marks its 17th anniversary! Since 2007, successive thread managers have been John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and me since September 2016. When DPReview was threatened with closure in March 2023, the last regular Sunday Cat! there was hosted on 2 April 2023. After taking a leap of faith, the Sunday Cat! found refuge here on 9 April 2023.

All Ears Kitty of the Week!

Palmer

Palmer, still waiting for the sound of little cat feet. ;)

~~Image by @rodriguezPhoto

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your pictures and stories of your feline companions with us."

“Official” posting time is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. But as you can see I am exceedingly late today! An unexpected problem at work combined with a planned evening out brought the delay. However we're here and ready to begin the new week. :)

Come one, come all! Remember, all cats, all cameras welcome. Digital cats or silver halide cats, cats of metal, or cats of the wilderness. Big cats, small cats, kittens and their toys. Cats of pen and ink, cats of brush and canvas, from any time, any place. Let the Sunday Cat! be a refuge to enjoy and marvel at the magic of cats, where positive comments abound and constructive criticism is given if requested.

The Sunday Cat! is now open for mischief. :D

Last week's (silent) purrs, #883 / DPRv #76

Thread Manager's Corner:
    We've come to the last full week in September, the end of summer, and another anniversary for the Sunday Cat! Sometimes there are quiet periods like last week, then the kitties awaken and begin to stir. And if we get lucky, we capture the moment. On to the new week and the new year. :)

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

• Members 62 posts
    Sept. 22, 2024, 10:08 p.m.

Mokey and friend. Maybe not friend. Mokey sniffed the tarantula, tried to play with it, did not try to eat it, thank goodness.
    Mr Tarantula not impressed, just stayed where he(she) was.
    Mokey looked at me as if to ask "what do I do with this" and I explained what it was and to leave it alone. They are good to have
    around the house, might I add NOT in the house, taking care of small insects
    mokey and friend.jpg

mokey and friend.jpg

JPG, 333.1 KB, uploaded by Slojoe on Sept. 22, 2024.