If Mako had been moderating this thread, how many people would have been sandboxed?

• 28 votes.
  • Started by bobn2 on May 2, 2023.
0-2
6 votes, 22% of total.
  • 6 votes, 22% of total.
2-4
0 votes, 0% of total.
  • 0 votes, 0% of total.
5-9
3 votes, 11% of total.
  • 3 votes, 11% of total.
10-19
1 vote, 4% of total.
  • 1 vote, 4% of total.
20 or more.
18 votes, 65% of total.
  • 18 votes, 65% of total.
  • Members 3347 posts
    May 2, 2023, 11:24 a.m.

That is obviously your opinion, not mine because I never said that.

Again, if you take the time to get your facts straight before posting, you would have seen that I posted elsewhere that even if only 50% of what members have posted is true then it is a poor reflection of the overall moderation that went on at DPReview.

• Members 746 posts
    May 2, 2023, 11:34 a.m.

Sorry, I should have known better than to start wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it. Apologies

• Members 3347 posts
    May 2, 2023, 11:35 a.m.

You're proving my point I made earlier πŸ˜„

• Members 746 posts
    May 2, 2023, 11:51 a.m.

Come on Alan, admit it. The smile has been tugging at the corners of your mouth, threatening to escape :)

• Members 7 posts
    May 2, 2023, 12:21 p.m.

I've had my trouble with Mako2011 and found him difficult to please. I was never actually banned or sandboxed, but had my share of posts deleted.

Never the less, I find this barrage of personal attacks rather discouraging. I hope this site will prove more friendly in the future and that everyone will calm down. Remember that some of us come here with the purpose of enjoying photography and sharing information, not to fight until all resistance ceases - it never does, anyway!

Good luck and good light.

• Members 878 posts
    May 2, 2023, 12:34 p.m.

[deleted]

• Members 369 posts
    May 2, 2023, 1:34 p.m.

Given that the previous US president's campaign set up a website to instruct his followers how to win arguments with "snowflake liberal relatives" around the Christmas dinner table, I'd say it's more revealing of reality than a slur.

• Members 243 posts
    May 2, 2023, 1:38 p.m.

Her.

• Members 369 posts
    May 2, 2023, 1:41 p.m.

May must be "far right trope month" at DPRevived.

Toxic masculinity captures some aspects of that outlook. It's really more about fear of change, fear of society becoming more diverse, and the effort to retain perceived power and authority at any cost.

• Members 153 posts
    May 2, 2023, 1:43 p.m.

If you've come here to enjoy photography and share information there's really no need to be in Open Talk. A simple rule to enjoy / share is to stay out of Open Talk. It can be a cesspool. In 11 years and 12000 post on DPReview, I made a total of 6 post in Open Talk. Three of those were in one thread. And very, very few visits there.
    Friendly is here; you're expecting it in the wrong place.

I'm only in Open Talk here as I'm interested in what's happening with moderation, not really what's happening with Mako. And there's not much happening yet in the other forums that I'd be interested in,

Personally, I'd make one rule on mods. No regurgitated mods from anywhere. Problem mainly solved.

• Members 243 posts
    May 2, 2023, 1:44 p.m.

He acts as if he grew up in an era any different than the rest of us.

• Members 878 posts
    May 2, 2023, 2:54 p.m.

[deleted]

• Members 209 posts
    May 2, 2023, 3:52 p.m.

interesting that you deflect. This sub-subject arose after someone made a plea for what I'd call common courtesy and got a reply containing the snowflake word. Now I got the impression that you had no problem with that.

• Members 209 posts
    May 2, 2023, 3:55 p.m.

you're irritating. does that make you far right?

• Members 457 posts
    May 2, 2023, 4:11 p.m.

I would prefer if ad hominem attacks and politics be strongly discouraged on this and any photography forum.
    Anyone who still persists, is sabotaging DPrevived effort.

• May 2, 2023, 4:20 p.m.

I think that they should be discouraged - and I am trying to do that.

I don't believe it is a deliberate sabotage effort, but it can have that effect as people will look at these posts and go elsewhere. So, if you care about this forum - please be polite, please be civil and please - not personal degredation of others.

• Members 598 posts
    May 2, 2023, 5:21 p.m.

Thing is, "far left" in the US is "right of middle" elsewhere.