• Members 457 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:37 a.m.

It is relevant to @DannoLeftForums's post, to which I replied. He was wondering why he could not find the user Sabrina81 on the forum. With a bit of searching, it seems that @DannoLeftForums had indeed a heated discussion with a Sabrina81 user, but that was in 2020 (as David1961). Yes, all of this is irrelevant to the discussion about raw histograms.

In regard to the histogram discussion, I am taking the side of @DannoLeftForums, but I wish both he and @DonaldB would lay off a bit.

P.S.: Editing someone else's images without permission is not OK.

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:37 a.m.

So if she is watching this thread is it ok for her to download any images you have posted on dprevived or dpreview and edit them?

• Members 360 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:41 a.m.

My energy for that comparison is already spent. You could have posted the comparison, but it was you who decided to argue for pages. Now it's not about it anymore. It's about another troll-thread.

No, pointing out user misbehavior, offtopic, user attacks and accusations is not personal vendetta.

You better make it right. Or... Or what? Or nothing. You will be laughed at even on otherwise normal factual encounters. People need basic decency and logic and politeness in their input. Dash with it.

• Members 2288 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:42 a.m.

obsoletely . you would actually learn something positive not this drivel.

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:43 a.m.

There are 260+ pages of David members on dpreview. I am happy for people to believe I am anyone of them 😊

But David1961 registered here a couple of weeks ago, and started trolling me immediately. I reported David1961 to bobn2 who subsequently identified him as member Porky on dpreview and changed his username here. Porky/David1961 has since left the dprevived 'building'.

• Members 2288 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:44 a.m.

I all ready did 300 posts ago, you musted have missed them. all i got was they were fake. you see even your not game to be on the hit list 😎
    post 4.jpg

post 4.jpg

JPG, 200.1 KB, uploaded by DonaldB on April 30, 2023.

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:44 a.m.

fixed your typo and thanks 👍

• Members 2288 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:48 a.m.

the post was under Danno not david1961

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:49 a.m.

You are again not telling the truth.

post links to posts where anyone said they were fake 🙂

I said there was no way of verifying what noise reduction or any other processing might have been done to the jpegs you posted because you were not willing to post links in the public forums to their raw files

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:53 a.m.

There are 2 pages of Danno members on dpreview.

Post a link to the post you are referring to.

danno.jpg

danno.jpg

JPG, 165.3 KB, uploaded by DannoLeftForums on April 30, 2023.

• Members 209 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:55 a.m.

Who cares? It is all ancient history. Let's see if we can get back to the discussion. I know the answer is 101010 but what was your question again?

• Members 360 posts
    April 30, 2023, 6:55 a.m.

Exactly. 300 posts ago, controlled by you. Last time I remember you accused me of reading it all. No. I scroll through, see my reference or quote, respond to that, and leave it alone. A 500 post thread with the name "beginners questions" arguing about RAW discussion with connection to another 500post thread, all full of offtopic, badmouthing, accusations, is no discussion. You do it to yourself. Enjoy the mess. Your game. At this point, as long I see it is allowed, I am getting comfortable with just having fun before I find next moment of serious task to do. Now it's about fun, and not about your RAWs.

• April 30, 2023, 7:02 a.m.

Do we need a 'former nicks' commission to sort out once and for all who was ever who on DPReview. I have a friend who could trawl the databases for the answers.

• Members 2288 posts
    April 30, 2023, 7:06 a.m.

but it will be fun, its a good demonstration that shooting at iso 100 and raising the brightness in post displays more noise than shooting a iso 4000, also demonstrates that iso has an effect on the exposed raw image.

• Members 360 posts
    April 30, 2023, 7:10 a.m.

1) This is many many years old knowledge.
    2) I don't think it is the point here.
    3) I certainly have fun. Just different kind now.

What do you want me to do? I am refusing the search though, and all has to be public.

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 7:10 a.m.

You haven't posted any verifiable evidence that proves your claim to be correct, especially in all cases.

• Members 3354 posts
    April 30, 2023, 7:12 a.m.

Yep, I am all for that. It will be interesting to see the evidence used to link member accounts with actual people.

• Members 360 posts
    April 30, 2023, 7:14 a.m.

See? I have no idea what is going on here really. But that claim is true. DPR and other pages are full of these DR, exposure latitude, brightening and pushing tests. Also basic measurements tell you that if you can read the full meaning of these.
    Pushing low ISO image up to the brightness of the same exposure higher ISO image gets you more noise in the output image.