• Members 510 posts
    March 31, 2023, 6:37 p.m.

Becoming avatar! 😄

dprevived.com/media/attachments/78/61/U7SWsYJC9X9vjj3uFcd1TBWhKjxtgLY2PKvx6HuqsRF09gp7nyUKibk73QnvEzeq/coldingham-9.jpg

And a nice picture too.

• Members 567 posts
    March 31, 2023, 6:44 p.m.

dt27348

Very nice Dave. No shortage of colour in that! It has rained here through the night and is still at it! You can insert the image by using the icon on the left, I think, but I will check to make sure.
    Oh, and I like the avatar!

Andrew
    Edit: It is a monsoon outdoors here at the moment with lightning and the accompanying sound effects!

• Members 567 posts
    March 31, 2023, 6:49 p.m.

THE BRIDE MONOCHROME

Bride & phone 11cmono-8193258_1.jpg

Bride & phone 11cmono-8193258_1.jpg

JPG, 339.5 KB, uploaded by 19andrew47 on March 31, 2023.

• Members 567 posts
    March 31, 2023, 7:25 p.m.

[quote="@softmarmotte"]
    Maybe the sedation is too mild Andrew ? 🤫

Well the two pills I took last night at around 7 pm are still not worn off Rich so if I take any more I will sleep twenty four seven! Oh, and my wife says I am grumpy when I take these so if I do wake up I will likely get in trouble quickly!

Andrew

• Members 58 posts
    March 31, 2023, 7:59 p.m.

Sorry to know that your back hurt…….as regard of your wife’s mine always says the same to me…….if it is a little consolation…..lol

• Members 58 posts
    March 31, 2023, 8 p.m.

Nice colors…….love it

• Members 676 posts
    March 31, 2023, 8:16 p.m.

Catching Fish

In the process ...

Catching Fish.jpg

I won't show the fish as it was only a minnow and hardly worth his effort and not really see-able in the picture as he brings his head back out ... I'll show better fishing days another time

WhyNot

Catching Fish.jpg

JPG, 417.6 KB, uploaded by WhyNot on March 31, 2023.

• Members 6 posts
    March 31, 2023, 9:44 p.m.

He's yawning (see filename). He's a very friendly soul, a real sweetie.

• Members 281 posts
    March 31, 2023, 9:48 p.m.

Caught Fish
    P2204807_DxOs.jpg
    This female Amazon Kingfisher has a mouth full of fish.

Model: OM-1
    Software: DxO PhotoLab 6.4
    Date Taken: 2023-02-20 10:14:45
    Exposure Time: 1/1250 sec
    F Number: f/6.3
    ISO Speed Ratings: ISO 6400
    Exposure Bias: 0 EV
    Focal Length: 400 mm
    Lens Model: OLYMPUS M.100-400mm F5.0-6.3

P2204807_DxOs.jpg

JPG, 536.0 KB, uploaded by jimmyv4351 on March 31, 2023.

• Members 6 posts
    March 31, 2023, 10:01 p.m.

PS: Comment refers to dprevived.com/t/the-weekly-image-thread-23-03-30-772/621/post/4280/
    For some reason there is no way to know what post a reply refers to because there is no visual indication. All posts are aligned the same, no indents. Also no difference in behaviour of the reply button INSIDE a post's frame and the big reply button at the top/bottom of the page.

• Members 1185 posts
    March 31, 2023, 11:28 p.m.
  • Members 1185 posts
    March 31, 2023, 11:37 p.m.

G'Day WhyNot.
    I'm another refugee working on understanding how things now work. I like the complete absence of the bird's head in your shot.

Catching Fish.jpg

I won't show the fish as it was only a minnow and hardly worth his effort and not really see-able in the picture as he brings his head back out ... I'll show better fishing days another time

WhyNot
    [/quote]

• Members 336 posts
    April 1, 2023, 2:30 a.m.

You're going to wear out that poor heron, WhyNot. I'm certain all of your single heron pictures are of the same bird.

• Members 567 posts
    April 1, 2023, 3:54 a.m.

Bobn2 reached out to me by private thread messaging and asked if I would like the Weekly Thread to run in a separate forum. That has already been done for the Fuji Weekly Thread. I have asked AlanSH if he could accommodate us in this regard and am awaiting a reply.

I think this could go a long way toward making up for the fact that this forum does not have a threaded view. I don't know what they are doing in the Fuji Weekly forum as I have not yet looked. The way I see this working for us is that each member will post their own image in their own thread. That would mean all replies within that thread would be for the opening image post. All replies for a given image would fall within that thread. It would be easy to see the replies to your image. I am sure that not everyone that posted looked at every reply to every image in the old DPR threads. This would likewise give the ability to skip over replies that may not interest you. (Sorry if that is offensive to anyone! I know that when I got busy I did not always have time to read all the replies although I did look at all the image posts and tried to reply to all.) Each new image or images would be posted in their own thread eliminating any confusion and keeping continuity.

If you have any feeling about this you can either hit the like button or give me the negative feedback! A wise man once told me that if someone puts a load of crap in your hand it is up to you to rub it on your face or toss it on the ground. As an educator and administrator I have had lots of opportunity to make those choices!

I don't think this is what was intended, that the forum would just hold single threads every week that contained the posts. I will contact Allan again and make sure this is ok!

Andrew

• Members 33 posts
    April 1, 2023, 4:28 a.m.

I do quite a bit of 'birds in a perch' in my backyard, since I put up a hummingbird feeder and a seed feeder. I never see bluebirds in the yard, although they are common in the fields a mile away. I was walking back from shooting a pano from up on a hilltop (100 MB file!) when I saw this guy perched near the trail:
    bluebird on a wire

bird on a post

Does the exif come along? This was the E-M5 III with the cheap 40-150 mm lens.

David

• Members 567 posts
    April 1, 2023, 4:46 a.m.

[quote="@DavidWright"]
    (pbase.com/image/173507745.jpg)

bird on a post

The exif does not show here but can be viewed with an exif viewer plug in for the browser being used, if it was available in the uploaded images David.
    I have only seen bluebirds here once on our property and it was in winter with them sitting on the bathroom window sill with snow outdoors. They should not have been here!

Nice images David.

Andrew

• Members 567 posts
    April 1, 2023, 4:48 a.m.

This site does not support the threaded view that you may be used to from DPR. It can be frustrating but I hope to have a work around for this shortly.

Andrew