• Members 28 posts
    April 5, 2023, 10:41 a.m.

I feel pretty "settled" in here in terms of regarding this place as the new place to discuss topics. I posted yesterday (?) asking for details about speed classification with SD cards and received plenty of feedback, and I see plenty of new posts in "thread" view (where you see posts from all forums in one page).

However, where would you guys consider to be the new home for camera announcements and camera reviews? Yesterday I saw a review of the Fuji X-T5 (which shows Fuji making an excellent APS-C camera at 40 mp) and this may be the last meaningful review at DPreview.

Meanwhile I looked up the DPreview of my Sony RX100 III to get some technical specifications on its video quality. I've done similar before when comparing old cameras I've seen for cheap and considered, I knew DPreview would have the details on what battery it used and what its image quality was vs another.

So what would be the new place for that? I'm curious about #1 in terms of new camera announcements and reviews, and also #2 in terms of where do you view the archives of the DPreview site, who is doing the archiving and where will it be?

• Members 40 posts
    April 5, 2023, 10:53 a.m.

Try imaging-resource.com they have been around for a long time & are trusted. (don't forget the hyphen !)

• April 5, 2023, 11:07 a.m.

Our ambition is to add more services. I think that reviews as DPReview did them will be some of the more difficult, but hopefully when we're big enough for the manufacturers to send us their press releases we can do news and announcements, once someone steps up to be news and announcements editor.