• Members 806 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 1:06 p.m.

Thats right additional silhouette adds something.

• Members 806 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 1:10 p.m.

I liked the first one, nice waterfalls. And about the weather, I guess it is not much different down here too. A miserable summer..

• Members 806 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 1:11 p.m.
  • Members 861 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 6:32 p.m.

Trying new things. Would appreciate any thoughts.

dsc00025_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

dsc00025_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

JPG, 944.0 KB, uploaded by OpenCube on Aug. 28, 2023.

• Members 789 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 7 p.m.

Whoa! Some big ol' country up there.

• Members 789 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 7:02 p.m.

Well, I like it. What are we looking at? Long exposure clouds or water?
    BTW, it'd be great if you could comment on one or two other people's work here and there :-)

• Members 789 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 7:22 p.m.

I think Leicas are beautiful things, don't get me wrong. But there is also an element of the Emperor's new clothes about them. Very clever marketing to create an aura around the brand which convinces people to purchase an item which is, imho, way overpriced. But I would never tell somebody not to buy one. I absolutely do buy items within my other hobbies where buying a certain brand name gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling every time I use them, that has to be factored into the cost. A cheap Casio watch will tell the time as well as, if not better, an Omega Seamaster but one of those two will enrich your life. I also get the second hand argument.

• Members 1662 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 8:20 p.m.

Looks great and very interesting! I would have suspected reflected clouds on car paint, but I'm not sure... I think it could perhaps benefit from a slight increase in saturation. It would also be a great fit for this thread on the color BLUE btw.

• Members 861 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 8:54 p.m.

A piece of reflective sticker pointed at the sky.

I have written and deleted several drafts of response to this, none of which I felt conveyed things properly. I hope that offers a bit of insight into why I don't do it much.

• Members 1662 posts
    Aug. 28, 2023, 9:51 p.m.

I totally get that... I draft and don't post quite a lot! But if you have a tendency to overthink things, keep this in mind: Most people will appreciate a constructive comment and won't even notice one bit of what you perceive as an inadequate description of your true thoughts. So - unless it's something very critical or hurtful - it's probably best to click on "Post reply" more often than not! Just my thoughts (and a little bit of experience) so far...

• Members 789 posts
    Aug. 29, 2023, 10:18 a.m.

Without wanting to sound patronising (and I genuinely mean that) it seems like you're maybe overanalysing things. Whatever your level of skill or insight, even if you just say "I really like this one" or ask a question about how it was processed or where it was taken, it stimulates the lifeblood of the thread.

When we were on DPR in the heyday of M43, we might get up to a Part 6 in a single week. So that might have meant up to 900 posts a week, from people of all abilities, from all over the world. Currently nowhere near that and this thread is dwindling away TBH. So it's rewarding to see some new faces.

Over the years I've tried to make this thread a friendly, welcoming place, everyone here is friendly, polite and encouraging and it sounds like you fit the bill :-) We don't get trolls or flame wars. People post here just simply seeking that little micro-dopamine rush of getting a response to a picture they have posted, anticipation of what people might think, or advice about how to improve. I'm sure that applies to you too!

No need for any explanations from you mate, just maybe comment on any pics that stimulate you and ignore the rest. And welcome aboard!

• Members 568 posts
    Aug. 29, 2023, 11:30 a.m.

Interesting. Not sure what I'm seeing here. I think for me it would have more impact if part of the image was in sharper focus. Nice colours.

• Members 568 posts
    Aug. 29, 2023, 11:32 a.m.

Indeed - these cliffs and waterfalls reminded me of Iceland, or pictures I've seen of Faroes. Same geology I suppose.

• Members 861 posts
    Aug. 30, 2023, 1:49 a.m.

Alas, when you're attempting to violate the laws of perception with a little photography magic, you don't always have optimal control of things when first trying. Hopefully, time and eventually a tripod will improve things.

• Members 789 posts
    Aug. 31, 2023, 10:15 p.m.

Now that's rather pretty.