• Members 1093 posts
    July 20, 2024, 11:50 a.m.

We appreciate the effort and stamina in order to produce this amazing series. Just fabulous.
    My fave...

• Members 568 posts
    July 20, 2024, 12:50 p.m.

That view down towards Drinkwater's has to be my favourite among the familiar scenes you regularly post, and this version is no exception. Very moody. As is the murky moors shot.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:23 p.m.

Wonderful sunset, and just enough water blur to take it to the next level.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:27 p.m.

This is a really lovely idea. Do you leve the pictures up for the whole year.

I really like this shot, an archetypal mountain shot.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:30 p.m.

I am always attracted to this sort of landscape with infinite space.

Looks like a wonderful place to spend a holiday, if you get some good weather.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:37 p.m.

The human figures make this shot more interesting. Otherwise it would have been a pretty boring symmetrical shot.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:48 p.m.

I had some places from your past posts in mind, and Lydney was one of them. I wanted to catch the boat cemetery at Purton, but time ran out. My wife usually complains about climbing any hill, but she was star struck with May hill, and we made it to the clump of trees without any moaning. On our travells around it was a place we could make out from a lot of places.

Our visit to Gloucester Cathedral, was very brief, and it was pouring down with rain, so I did not see much of the outside. I missed the gargoyles. Did you sing from that sort of grandstand they have erected in the nave? I actually liked Hereford Cathedral more, but more about that next week.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 1:55 p.m.

Sheep are strange beasts. I one remember coming across a group of them standing guard over one of their number that had been attacked and dismembered by a wolf pack. It was pretty weird as that were baying loudly over the corpses of their late companion.

I am certain a walk on the murky moors was more satisfying than watching England's rather humiliating game with Spain.

• Members 1093 posts
    July 20, 2024, 2:30 p.m.

I actually waited for humans for few minutes before pressing the button.

• Members 568 posts
    July 20, 2024, 2:54 p.m.

I have indeed sung from the temporary staging, including one time performing a jazz Mass, when we had to 'break step' like a marching army for fear of bringing the thing down! I've also done a wedding in the choir, and a few times standing on the floor in front of the organ where the staging you saw was. It's a fantastic place to sing, great acoustics.
    The modern gargoyles are on the NW side, representing Gloucestershire's traditional activities;
    A rugby player from Gloucester city
    [P3294547.jpg]

A Freeminer from the Forest of Dean
    P3294546.jpg

A Jockey holding the Cheltenham Gold Cup
    P3294542.jpg

P3294547.jpg

JPG, 2.9 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on July 20, 2024.

P3294542.jpg

JPG, 3.1 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on July 20, 2024.

P3294546.jpg

JPG, 2.4 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on July 20, 2024.

• Members 789 posts
    July 20, 2024, 3:42 p.m.

Here's my pick from the tour. A nice set!
    The shot with the boats in Hammersmith is a classic UK seaside view.
    Not surprised to see some church interiors in your set, all well done of course.
    It's nice to visit England again. I'll be back there for just over a week in September :-)

• Members 268 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:14 p.m.

Nice, subdued sunset colours. I find myself reminded of Antony Gormley's Another Place installation at Crosby Beach, which I should make an effort to visit some day.

• Members 1449 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:19 p.m.

Next time, I will try to see the outside too. I think my wife wants to go back to the area.

• Members 268 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:23 p.m.

I like the sweep of the road in this one.

This is a stunning image. What fabulous view.

I'm envious of the mountains where you live, not that I'd be much good at climbing them these days, but it would be fantastic to walk in the valleys beneath them. You've captured them well here.

Have you posted this one before? It looks familiar. I like the autumnal colours.

• Members 268 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:30 p.m.

This is the standout image in this set for me. The way those curved ceilings interact with the light from the windows is really special.

• Members 789 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:38 p.m.

Here's my selection with the inviting gate leading to ..... those sheep!

Nicely lit sheep in the second one I selected

I didn't see the 2 red lines as "eyes" before you mentioned them, I just liked the shot, but yes, I suppose they could be eyes looking down at you ;-)

And sunsets are always pleasant to see and make for some good shots!

• Members 268 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:38 p.m.

I'm not particularly a fan of ICM or double exposures in general, but this one works very well and has a nice feel to it, whatever you've done with it - I can't make my mind up if it's ICM or multiple exposure, or maybe even both?

Lovely colours in all of them.

• Members 268 posts
    July 20, 2024, 4:45 p.m.

I wouldn't have felt like I'd missed out even if they had won. I have no time for football, I've never seen the appeal. The moors on the other hand, well, they rarely disappoint.