• Members 2771 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 1:42 p.m.

    I enjoyed this set. The details are very interesting, and surprisingly modern for 1902.

    As a steelwork engineer I was drawn to the box covering the house. The bespoke steel structure must have been very costly. I did this sort of thing with scaffolding in London back in the day. The drawing is cool too. How many technicians can hand letter like that now?

  • Members 2771 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 1:46 p.m.

    This one is great when seen big, and you can see all tose tools, some of the quite strange.

  • Members 2771 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:11 p.m.

    Yes, it was a stud farm for these horses, the farm had an info panel that described their history. They are splendid with that long mane.

  • Members 1695 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:12 p.m.

    I am a bit of a tool hoarder but even I don't what most of these are for.

  • Members 1695 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:14 p.m.

    I think the boy stays but there's an argument for removing the ball.

  • Members 1695 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:15 p.m.

    No wonder they were so sprightly.

  • Members 1695 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:16 p.m.

    Good the way one can almost see through the building.

  • Members 1695 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 2:19 p.m.

    This does make we wonder if Gustav Klimt was inspired by Mackintosh, or vice versa, they were similar ages.

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 4:34 p.m.

    That's cool. Perfect in B&W. The "football" player is getting his reps, and the tangled shadow makes you wonder what the top of the structure looks like. Back in the day, I used to play tennis against a concrete wall... and the wall always hit the ball back to me!

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 4:42 p.m.

    That's really good. I applaud you for your "solid reporting from the field" and putting me there in the moment. I like it. You've made me think about trying to capture shots like this (there may be some opportunities in the city)... but I am usually looking for water/mountains and maybe a ship or an airplane or a train! LOL. This is more like murder/mystery or investigative reporter mode. A good one!

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 4:58 p.m.

    Wow. Great pics and what a beautiful area! I found it on the map, near the Italian-Austrian border. I found the lake and the places you mentioned and also a nearby ski area with a gondola. Wow. I would love to visit some day. I was looking for apple orchards near Certosa, but could not see them (satellite view). We have a large apple industry here as well -- also in a mountainous area, but it's not like the Alps! LOL.

    www.google.com/maps/@47.5198495,-120.5126689,31352a,35y,26.2h/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI2MDkzMC4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

    merano.JPG

    merano.JPG

    JPG, 121.6 KB, uploaded by cpm on Oct. 3, 2026.

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:04 p.m.

    Very interesting! I laughed (the floor plan)... W.C., sticks, boots. LOL! :-)

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:10 p.m.

    A walk along the city shoreline on the first day of fall/autumn (last week). People enjoying the warm/soft sun at Myrtle Edwards Park. A couple of quick frames @ 35mm, click, click, and stitched together.

    myrtle-edwards-park-pocket-beach-two-frame-stitch-small.jpg

    myrtle-edwards-park-pocket-beach-two-frame-stitch-small.jpg

    JPG, 8.2 MB, uploaded by cpm on Oct. 3, 2026.

  • Members 526 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:19 p.m.

    That is so strange. At first glance I thought I was looking at a reflection through or in glass, or maybe it was a double exposure, but on closer inspection it just looks like to be a trick of the light. A striking image with nice tones and composition irrespective.

  • Members 526 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:21 p.m.

    What a great location. Difficult to choose between these two images, both are excellent.

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:24 p.m.

    Steve!!!!! Holy smokes! Well done. KUDOS. Oh my, I don't know what to say. You really have a knack for this. EXCELLENT. Very enjoyable and a pleasure to accompany you for this beautiful exploratory outing. Your post makes complete sense. Good work! You've made me "re-think" video, but I would have to get a proper camera. I suppose I will stick to stills. "Anyway, movin' on -- CRACK ON!" :-)

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:27 p.m.

    Very good. What kind of work is/was being done here? I see a lot of old "hooks" and things... but the set of new drill bits on the left cracks me up! :-)

  • Members 525 posts
    Oct. 3, 2026, 5:34 p.m.

    I like exploring the map... and I found this (The Foorum) on "Tallinn-Tartu-Voru-Luhamaa" -- is that the name of the street?