• June 7, 2024, 12:42 p.m.

Given that we have a general election coming up, I thought this picture (and my name for it) was quite appropriate.
    [For those who don't know, the guy in the poster is Rish Sunak, our current prime minister and a man who's interest on his savings is more than most people earn in a lifetime]

No-one's listening to you any more_(Superlarge).jpg

No-one's listening to you any more_(Superlarge).jpg

JPG, 1.6 MB, uploaded by AlanSh on June 7, 2024.

• Members 139 posts
    June 7, 2024, 2:15 p.m.

It doesn't seem unusual these days to have leaders who are wealthy.

Donald Trump for instance.

In the UK too there have been PMs who are wealthy, although maybe not as wealthy as Sunak.

• Members 177 posts
    June 8, 2024, 9:11 a.m.

Sad to see a photo forum degraded by politics.

• Members 139 posts
    June 9, 2024, 5:49 p.m.

Perhaps the thread title could be changed to reflect the subject matter.

Since it is posted in Open Talk I do not think it is degrading the forum; politics should equally be the subject of photography, and photographers should be concerned about politics as it affects everyone's life deeply.

• Members 3226 posts
    June 11, 2024, 11:54 p.m.

I tend to agree.

Photos related to politics are fine but political statements being acceptable in photography forums as implied by the thread title and the file name of the image in the OP are debatable.

Anyway, it doesn't matter too much on this site because of the very low member participation and low number of visitors.

Since political statements are allowed here, I wonder if comments on various religions are also allowed.

Many forums don't allow comments on either.

• Members 177 posts
    June 12, 2024, 5:30 a.m.

I have to apologize for not noticing that the original was posted in Open Talk, where it probably isn't all that inappropriate, though I still think that kind of stuff belongs on Facebook, Twitter, or similar sites that I have no use for. I have resolved henceforth to ignore any political or religious comments, no matter where they're posted..