• Members 3334 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:27 p.m.

Of course I will but Sagittarius, like everyone else, will need to post his/her intention in every first post he/she makes in the future in this thread because not everyone will have seen his/her post here or might have forgotten.

I won't be keeping a record of people's intentions after each thread and the next one begins.

• Members 1185 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:31 p.m.

That's the nature of art. It is a two way process where the person seeing/hearing/reading the piece brings their own prior experience to the interaction. Great works of art are great because of their ability to stir up responses in the interaction. The responses will differ according to the experience of the receiver.

• Members 1185 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:33 p.m.

Try. There aren't that many of us here to keep track of.

• Members 665 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:33 p.m.

With all due respect he is a member of this forum like I am. And like you always say he is entitled to his opinion like I'm entitled to mine. I always ask permission before editing somebody else's image. To me common curtesy should always be an MO in any communications and interactions. This thread about discussing, critiquing and commenting on the images, and does not mean free pass to re-edit image without authors consent. BTW this free pass to re-edit somebody else's images turned quite a few people off from this thread and from posting images on this and other forums. If to excersize common curtesy is to much to ask, it leaves not to many choices. BTW what will prevent somebody to edit your image even with the note?

• Members 3334 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:36 p.m.

That shows how people's interpretation or thoughts on how and/or why an image was created and its impact on people can often be way off from reality.

• Members 720 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:40 p.m.

The reason why I very often DON'T include the ground in city scenes, is because ground level is in 99% of the cases a mess. There are traffic signs, parked cars, glaring shop windows etc. Historic cities almost always look so much nicer and more classy and classic and timeless if you shoot them "from the waist up".

• Members 3334 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:43 p.m.

Fair enough but it comes down to personal taste and preferences.

• Foundation 157 posts
    July 4, 2024, 1:45 p.m.

Mike, Sagittarius

You probably don't want advice from me, but...

Just leave it, you can't win with Dan - he'll always want the last word. Sometimes it's just not worth it

Tim

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 2:07 p.m.

Yup, that’s the (intoxicated) photog standing behind his tripod-mounted camera.

I was pretty sure someone would catch that! 😏

Rich

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:10 p.m.

Ho, hum. Just another image from Rome. (Yawn)

Yeah, ordinary for you world-traveler types. For those of us who have never been, it's pretty exotic.

I really like this shot with its single-point perspective. And crowded-telephoto-optics stone solidity (is that a word?).

Then, Boom! in all that man-made rectilinear order-disorder there is that . . . Tree!

What a tree! And what's it doing on top of a building? No matter. Wonderful shot. It draws me in, then rivets the eye with that incongruous element.

Great!

Rich

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:24 p.m.

One-point perspective appears to be the theme of this week's postings!

It's hard not to like beautiful buildings like this. It feels like I can just fall into this image. And slide along the glass-like floor.

Rich

• Members 665 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:27 p.m.

Another one from gorilla series.
    Educational moment

Educational moment.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS IMAGE. C&C and suggestions are welcome.

Educational moment.jpg

JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by Sagittarius on July 4, 2024.

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:27 p.m.

Have we stepped into another dimension? Is the fabric of Space-Time ripping? . . . Is this the Twi-Light Zone?

Rich

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:37 p.m.

There's a Rodin Museum in Philadelphia, PA where I grew up.

Of course, one of the heroic-sized bronze replicas of The Thinker is prominently in the front on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Every time we passed it, my father would quip, "He's thinking where he left his clothes!" Every time.

Of course, I can't see an image like this without that intruding into my thoughts!

Nice image.

Rich

• Members 663 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:49 p.m.

A bitter-sweet story.

Mr. Percy, a zoo-keeper, a philanthropist and a photographer.

I'll bet he is missed.

I like the fashion sense displayed by the young lady. That's a beautiful necklace!

Rich

• Members 796 posts
    July 4, 2024, 4:59 p.m.

This shot, and the original one that you posted are both very good!
    The closeness of the gorillas to us is very apparent here.
    Almost the same, behaviour, posture, emotions,... not to mention over 98% of the same genes :-)

• Members 796 posts
    July 4, 2024, 5:05 p.m.

That's a terrible thing to hear about. The photo gives a nice memory of him.
    He looks quite a character.
    It's always the photos with people that are the best loved when I see people looking at old photos collections.
    Not often you see people "wearing snakes" :-)

• Members 796 posts
    July 4, 2024, 5:08 p.m.

A good candid shot !
    Makes you think about what he's waiting for. He doesn't look particularly happy about it.