• Members 251 posts
    July 27, 2024, 8:47 p.m.

I'm not admitting anything, stop playing with words!
    The photo is fake, I just wanted to end the pointless discussions.
    I see that this is a godsend for you!
    That's probably your reason for being here!

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 8:50 p.m.

I'm not playing with words.

Earlier you said:

The photographer said it is not a composite.

By believing the photographer you are saying what he said about his image not being a composite is true.

• Members 251 posts
    July 27, 2024, 8:55 p.m.

This is your playground, right?
    Rarely do I meet someone who gets excited by such discussions!
    You are now on my blacklist!

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 8:58 p.m.

So which of my sentences in any of my posts are you claiming are not true?

• Members 251 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:01 p.m.

It's over, no more discussions with you.

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:05 p.m.

You already said that but you still come back.

You seem to make things up when you get caught out struggling to cope with people's opinions that differ from yours.

In your opinion Sagittarius' image is a composite. Several people so far have disagreed with your opinion.

But then you said you believe Sagittarius when he said it is not a composite.

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:24 p.m.

Whenever I see something like "I can't explain...." when anyone is trying to convince me that their opinion is accurate that tells me that their opinion is not accurate.

All of the points you mentioned about why in your opinion the image is a fake can be explained by the effects of DOF, motion blur, lens distortion and post processing without making the final image a montage or composite.

• Members 251 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:24 p.m.

Your method is: discuss things until others give up and agree with you.
    I'm not wasting my time with you anymore, find someone else to talk to.

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:31 p.m.

That is the 3rd time now you said I am either on your blacklist or you are done discussing anything with me. You are proving my point that you struggle to cope with other people's opinions when they differ to yours.

I am not trying to convince you that Sagittarius' image is not a fake because I posted on more than one occasion that you are entitled to your opinion.

But you seem to struggle with people's opinions that the image is not a fake.

All of the points you mentioned about why in your opinion the image is a fake can be explained by the effects of DOF, motion blur, lens distortion and post processing without making the final image a montage or composite which is why imo the image is not a fake.

• Members 251 posts
    July 27, 2024, 9:55 p.m.

🤣🤣🤣
    Believe me, it's over.
    I will never answer you again!

• Members 3334 posts
    July 27, 2024, 10:04 p.m.

That's ok. You have already proved my point many times over 😀

• Members 976 posts
    July 27, 2024, 10:46 p.m.

It is supposed to be C&C, not A&A - Argument and Abuse...

• Members 666 posts
    July 27, 2024, 11:11 p.m.

So in your opinion
    If one is accused of something he/she did not do, we should not defend ourselves?
    If we do not agree with C&C we can not object or at least explain?
    And finally why do you think that a new home (whatever it is) will prevent you from A&A as you call it?

• Members 976 posts
    July 28, 2024, 12:08 a.m.

One response, to state one's position, as you did, is fine, fair enough, and to be expected.

There are sites with moderation (I know that can be a can of worms in itself). Of course if we had threaded view it would be easy to just ignore a thread. But then again I prefer to read all posts.

It is said that as we get older, we become more tolerant. To a point. I will say we also come to know what we want, so we might push back a bit more.

To me the whole concept of C&C is constructive criticism. At my age, I have become quite intolerant of destructive behaviour - because what do we have if we are not being constructive? There are those who don't understand their motivations - all we can do is support them. But those who know full well and are deliberate? I have zero time for them.

I am here to learn, to grow and to enjoy photography - as, I believe, are most.

• Members 598 posts
    July 28, 2024, 12:23 a.m.

I had thought it was quite the opposite, actually!

I think we become more entrenched in our opinions. Not me though -- I've always been entrenched in my opinion. 😁

The internet! 😂

I'm of the opinion that you engage when you want to engage, and you walk away when you are no longer entertained.

You forgot a comma after "grow". 😁😂😁

As penance for my annoying post, I shall post a photo here for C&C (or A&A -- whatever floats your boat):

20121223 -- 1346 --212132.jpg

There's one technical "flaw" in the photo that I was debating on "fixing" (I mean, I'm sure there are tons of flaws, but I mean one in particular), and I'm wondering if others see the same thing I'm seeing and would say to "fix" it, too. Of course, I can just do it and compare, but, well, you know. 😉

20121223 -- 1346 --212132.jpg

JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by GreatBustard on July 28, 2024.

• Members 3334 posts
    July 28, 2024, 1:55 a.m.

Kumsal stated his opinion that Sagittarius' photo was a composite without initially posting a single bit of information to support his opinion.

Sagittarius replied saying it wasn't a composite.

That could have been the end of it but Kumsal continued to post his opinion and the points he then mentioned in an attempt to support his opinion did not prove in any way, as shown earlier, that the image was a composite. Kumsal was in effect accusing Sagittarius of lying about his photo not being a composite.

Kumsal eventually posted that he believed what Sagittarius had posted.

What on earth is stopping you from starting a "new home" where you can run it however you like. There are plenty of free forums hosting sites available on the www you can choose from.

Proboards is one of the better ones.

If you need to be taken seriously why not practise what you preach and start your own forum and run it with moderators or however else you like.

• Members 3334 posts
    July 28, 2024, 2:08 a.m.

Obviously I wasn't there but the two "flaws" that stick out to me initially are the scene being crooked slightly and the WB in the background seems to be incorrect assuming the plastic pipes were white.

It seems there are 2 light sources - one for the foreground and one for the background for which the WB should be set separately for a documentary version of the scene.

Any other flaws don't readily jump out at me.

• Members 720 posts
    July 28, 2024, 2:54 a.m.

I agree with Rich's message of Peace.
    Calm down, guys.