• Members 3611 posts
    Oct. 15, 2024, 11:45 p.m.

That is exactly the point I have been making.

For Bryan to say that for everyone m43 should be the best for moving and/or distant wildlife is plain and simply laughable.

Personally, I have no reason to use smaller than aps-c for any kind of photography.

The fact that some people prefer m43 is fine. That is their choice just like I make my choices.

• Members 3611 posts
    Oct. 15, 2024, 11:50 p.m.

How do you propose anyone could verify which canera was used to take any photos you post given that exif data can be faked very quickly and easily?

• Members 173 posts
    Oct. 16, 2024, 12:30 a.m.

Statistically incorrect.

Take for example 70% of a sample of a mere 50 in favor of something.

At 95% confidence level and a population of 200, the margin of error is +/- 11.03%

population of 2000 it's +/- 12.55%

population of 2000000 it's +/- 12.7%

Therefore, your claim is false.

see www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm before responding, please.

• Members 1243 posts
    Oct. 16, 2024, 1:27 a.m.

Sorry, I made an error in the statement and rather than just change by edit, I'll explain. What I said was "The smaller mass of the Oly lenses gives them a big advantage in IBIS where the senor is rapidly moved. " I should have said "The smaller mass of the Oly sensors gives them a big advantage in IBIS where the sensor is rapidly moved."
    IBIS has nothing to do with the lenses. IBIS was originally developed by Konica-Minolta and Sony took it up when they were gifted the Minolta camera and lens division. Olympus pushed the development further.

• Members 3611 posts
    Oct. 16, 2024, 3:09 a.m.

The point I am making is that the number of bird photos posted in the dpreview challenges is minuscule compared to the total number of photos of birds on the www.

• Foundation 1437 posts
    Oct. 16, 2024, 6:06 a.m.

Only despicable cheats fake EXIF data!

• Members 3611 posts
    Oct. 16, 2024, 6:18 a.m.

If you look through the DPReview Challenge Discussion Forum you will see plenty of discussion where challenge entrants have falsified the Date Taken field in order to meet date restrictions in specific challenges.

In any case, it can also be done accidentally in Photoshop Elements and I assume Photoshop, when you have stacked multiple photos to create a composite.

The exif data in the output image will be the exif from the image at the bottom of the layer stack.