• Members 1451 posts
    April 12, 2023, 8:36 p.m.

I had an accident before Christmas with my 24mm PC shift lens. A bent filter ring and the tightening screw sheared off . So it was off to LTR, who do Nikon repairs in Italy. I bought a SH beater, when I found parts had to come from Japan. I will not lose much reselling it.

So four months later my favorite lens returned home with new screws, movement blocks and filter ring. They also serviced the focus ring. All for a reasonable €360. I have an almost new lens, that has been well centred.

Well done LTR. It is nice to have positive things to say sometimes about manufacturers.

The D850 I was using at the time went back for a checkup and was fine. It came back within a week. Pity they do not seem to have parts in Europe for the more exotic lenses and they seem to arrive by a slow boat from Japan.

DSC_0858 3.jpg.

DSC_0858 3.jpg

JPG, 1.4 MB, uploaded by NCV on April 12, 2023.

• arrow_forward

Thread has been moved from Forum Migration Talk.

• Members 621 posts
    April 12, 2023, 9:29 p.m.

Nice photo too!

• Members 535 posts
    April 12, 2023, 9:58 p.m.

Mi sembrava di riconoscere qualcosa !!!!

😉

• Members 1451 posts
    April 13, 2023, 5:54 a.m.

The place is Croveglia, near Casina, Reggio Emilia. Have you been there?

• Members 535 posts
    April 13, 2023, 6:45 a.m.

No, not really, but there is a similar mountain architecture all around the Alps. In Val di Susa I've worked or stayed in some up to 3000. mt
    No idea if this was intended only for regia-utilitarian buildings and then diffused to private construction, or dictated by the harsh condition of the mountains.

• Members 30 posts
    May 25, 2023, 9:43 a.m.

It is certainly nice to work with an old style all metal, high quality and well centered, low distortion, lens. The 24mm PC shift lens. But, I am curious what makes it really attractive for you to use such a specialized lens. I am pretty sure that at f/16 you could have obtained a hardly distinguishable image with about any lens at 24mm and a quick perspective, distortion adjustment in photoshop. For example the modest 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens might have done an could possibly have spared to carry a loger focal lens in addition.

• Members 1451 posts
    May 25, 2023, 5:30 p.m.

I got fed up with guessing badly the area to leave around images corrected in post. With the PC lens I get the final composition 99% right in camera, as I actually see lt, with a certain precision, which believe me makes a difference.

Also it is pleasurable working slowly with these perspective control lenses in a more purposeful way.

Lastly, it is not always possible to correct views where I use diagonal shift in post.