• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:28 a.m.

You know what faststone is a better raw convertor than all the other programs. why ? i just converted the raw and then took the jpeg into photoshop
    and measured the black point of the image and it was as low as 3 3 3, directly behind the bird it was 7

• Members 1737 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:28 a.m.

Sony craw is 13 bit precision.

• Members 3349 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:29 a.m.

That proves, using Sony hardware and software, that the camera's histogram, zebras/blinkies are not necessarily a reliable indicator of clipping in the raw data :-D

That is what people have been telling you all along and now even Sony is effectively telling you :-D

• Members 360 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:31 a.m.

Bhahahaha! 😅😂😂😂😂

You got me. That is some artsy expression. Could not think of better one. Just wow.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:32 a.m.

400k image 🥱, post a full res image so we can scrutinize it 😁

• Members 360 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:35 a.m.

A: How dishonest you want to be?
    B: Yes.

If you want to post a challenge, you absolutely need to post requirements or benchmark, allow for multiple tries, and so on. What you do is not a proper fair challenge. I knew I never find that one, as about noone ever on the internet did it.
    I try again and again, and always get this tricky nonsense or no response. You did no better in that regard.

• Members 360 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:38 a.m.

Maybe I didn't read it well or missed something, but Donald did not personally attack you (for the way you reacted anyways). He just accused you of doing this and that, which is not true. For the love of god, for the fun, for the truth, don't refrain from debunking this nonsense professionally. Maybe we do a collage of this one day. That will do Donald for good. 🤭

• Members 3349 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:43 a.m.

DonaldB is a proven liar and so it's good to see more people are seeing how he operates.

He has falsified my posts in his quotes of them.

He has plagiarised other people's work and stupidly tried to justify it by saying he didn't actually claim in his post that it was his work even though he didn't reference the plagiarised work. How dumb is that? :-D

This clearly proves that any images or whatever he posts might not actually be his unless he actually claims it is.

So who knows where the images he posts come from and what processing has been done to them to support the agenda he is pushing at the time :-)

• Members 976 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:46 a.m.

No, not when it's not ETTR.
    Lossy is not 14 bits in any case. 12 in your.

• Members 976 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:48 a.m.

No, I don't know that. But I'm sure you can prove it to everybody.

• Members 360 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:50 a.m.

Also "no it's not". In underexposed shot, the bits are empty/missing. You could make it 64 bit file, with no fo sequences to the image data or quality. Someone is failing logic big time. I think the reference to chess is very true. I haven't seen such denial in years.

• Members 976 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:51 a.m.

He attacked somebody else saying that I proved it.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:54 a.m.

it was on DPreview knock yourself out finding it was 5 months ago River Photography

• Members 360 posts
    May 28, 2023, 3:56 a.m.

I don't want to understand anymore. I mean I can't rely on what he said. It matters to me to the depth of what you say, and I don't want to verify by re-reading it all. I leave it at my vague reading, as I can't lose my time with Donald's keyboard output.
    Best of luck. Maybe we reach some end one day.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 4 a.m.

😂 truth will ALWAYS prevail. poor old Dunno will always come unstuck 😁

• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 4:03 a.m.

people read into my post only to reject/oppose my POV I say its black they say its white ,they will never agree . because if they do they loose.

• Members 976 posts
    May 28, 2023, 4:06 a.m.

You said it's still 14 bits. Well, it's not. Do you agree?

• Members 2288 posts
    May 28, 2023, 4:12 a.m.

you seem to know more than Sony 🥱
    Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

JPG, 73.4 KB, uploaded by DonaldB on May 28, 2023.