• Removed user
    May 29, 2023, 5:37 a.m.

Hilarious!

I will allow you to write in English English; I myself have been a U.S. resident for many years and will continue to write in 'Merkin ...

... don't, whatever you do, take the apostrophe or apostrophy out of "Camera's" .. let it stand as a living testament to your poor grammar.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:48 a.m.

😉

• Members 216 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:49 a.m.

The problem with hair is that it is made of Keratin and at somewhat translucent with white hair acting more like a clear milk container that can easily show color cast and even underlying color cast under the hair.
    Another problem is when placed in direct sunlight keratin will appear as a oil slick rainbow pattern
    photos.smugmug.com/Temp/Temp/i-ptFb4rX/0/69a12fb7/O/qweqwew.jpg
    I also see this in nails beaks and feathers

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:51 a.m.

stupid question, but how do you turn it off ? i thought it was always applied
    Edit: found how to turn it off. im just leaving it turned on. gives a bit of leeway.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:53 a.m.

great for posting full size images in this site. i normally take the image into photoshop and save at level 8

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:54 a.m.

You are providing further proof supporting my point at:

dprevived.com/t/why-is-so-much-nonsense-talked-about-telephoto-compression/3111/7/#post-42930 🤣🤣

I'll think about taking you seriously when I see you offer the same advice to DonaldB 😎

and when you practise what you preach at:

dprevived.com/t/lets-save-this-site/3506/#post-38309 😄

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 5:59 a.m.

they ar'nt bad, but too yellow for my liking.

• Removed user
    May 29, 2023, 6:01 a.m.

Your "broken record" tactic will get no response from me other than this one.

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 6:03 a.m.

you're going to give xpatUSA plenty to work with trying to fix people's grammar and spelling 🙂

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 6:05 a.m.
  • Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 7:01 a.m.

the white fur on my dog is as white as my brand new Toyota ute.

• May 29, 2023, 7:24 a.m.

If you must...
    A7M01564 (1).jpeg
    If the whites look yellow, it's definitely your monitor.

A7M01564 (1).jpeg

JPG, 1.5 MB, uploaded by bobn2 on May 29, 2023.

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 7:44 a.m.

In that case let's try to work out why you are seeing a different rendition of the image I posted to what I see on my screen.

1. I uploaded my edited version of your dog photo as a jpeg.

2. I am assuming you downloaded the full size version of the uploaded image and not the thumbnail version created by the website's software that appears in the actual post.

3. Assuming you didn't change the RGB data or the exif data in the jpeg I uploaded, you opened the image in Photoshop

4. You observed a yellow cast in the image displayed in your PS where I see no yellow cast in the image in my Photoshop Elements.

So, given we are both using the same set of RGB data for each pixel in the image, is not the difference in what we see on our respective monitors mainly due to a difference in colour management workflow we each have?

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 7:46 a.m.

Ok, post the Toyota colour specifications for the colour you chose for your ute.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 8:01 a.m.

your monitor is too cold looking at the RGB histogram and my colour picker. but Lllah says your monitor is ok .are you using windows 10 or 11 ?

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 8:11 a.m.

I am using Windows 10 but whether I am using Windows 10 or 11 does not affect the calibration and profiling I do using a Spyder.

As I said in an earlier post, if I was standing next to you when you opened my image using your monitor it is very possible I could agree with you about the colours being off even though they look correct on my monitor.

The difference is mainly due to the different settings/setups in our respective monitors.

You choose to not profile your monitor and calibrate it only by eye. That is fine. Many people choose that as well but it increases the chances of someone else's image looking different on your monitor compared to how it looks on their monitor and vice-versa.

• Members 2288 posts
    May 29, 2023, 8:20 a.m.

test for you, go into windows display calibration tool and calibrate with that. if you dont like it you can go back to the spyder calibration. i didnt like the spyder but much prefer the windows tool.

• Members 3347 posts
    May 29, 2023, 8:55 a.m.

I will take that as a yes to the question I asked:

Anyway, calibrating by eye is what I did originally as well but my wife wasn't completely satisfied with my final images. So one day I sat her in front of the screen and asked her to calibrate the screen with my help showing her how. We ended up with images looking good to her but a little off to me mainly in colours and to some extent brightness.

So I bit the bullet and bought a Spyder Studio set from Datacolor and calibrated the monitor using the Spyder.

Calibrating by our eyes either one and not the other calibration was correct or neither of our calibrations were correct.

Hardware calibration and profiling works best for me by far 🙂