• May 24, 2023, 9:51 p.m.

I'm interested because:

• I have an X-T5 and would like a second body
    • It has the same battery as the X-T5 - and has a deeper grip because of it (I didn't take to the X-S10 because of that).
    • It uses PASM which gives me a nice change from the X-T5 and the ability to learn new things.
    • The price with the 15-45 lens is still £300 less than an X-T5 body alone
    • I'd be interested to try out the 26mp sensor with the latest firmware. It's smaller and lighter than the X-T5 (not that I find that heavy, but I notice it, coming from the Canon M series).

Why might I not like it?

• The 26mp sensor is less than I am now used to.
    • There are less controls - in particular no 4 way programmable buttons which I use a lot on my X-T5
    • It's got PASM
  • Members 14 posts
    May 25, 2023, 12:54 a.m.

Now it's the cheapest way to get Nostalgic Neg :)

• Members 123 posts
    May 25, 2023, 1:58 a.m.

X-S20 would be my first Fuji X. Almost bought an X-T20, but after Covid when I was ready to leave home, it was sold out. Meanwhile DxO supports X-Trans so I'm not limited to Bayer. Although body price increased since the X-S10, price of the bundled 18-55/2.8-4 decreased $100. Didn't really want the 15-45 anyway.

PASM seems natural to me. Dedicated ISO dial seems silly. I had film cameras with aperture and shutter controls, but given PhotoLab's ability to fix high ISO noise, I feel it's best to let ISO float. X-H2 is too large, so X-S20 is the model for me. I find that Fuji JPEG quality compared to PhotoLab edits is higher than the ratio of JPEG to PhotoLab edits for the OM-1 and OM-5. Possibly DxO lens corrections make more of a difference with Olympus.

(And now, Lightroom seem comparable to DxO for fixing high ISO noise.)

• Members 18 posts
    May 25, 2023, 8:39 p.m.

youtu.be/YpOX9uPbMMs

The S20 is a good stills camera with great battery life but the big advances are in moving pictures.

• Members 260 posts
    May 25, 2023, 9:22 p.m.

I prefer PSAM - usage wise, w/o "S" in between

• Members 123 posts
    May 26, 2023, 4:18 a.m.

You got it on the X-S20. I wonder what to do with C1 C2 C3 C4. The owner's manual is not yet online.

PhotoLab doesn't support the X-S20 yet, so I tried editing a JPEG in the DPreview gallery taken at 300mm. ClearView probably helps most, reducing atmospheric haze. (DxO really should have a camera alias feature so X-S20 RAFs could be edited as X-S10.)

www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/7569171898/fujifilm-x-s20-sample-gallery/6672718016

• Members 30 posts
    May 26, 2023, 7:36 p.m.

I have no issue with the price of the X-S20 other than the fact that the X-S10 won't go down any further on the used market. I was hoping to get a dirt cheap and small IBIS body to mess with.

• Members 18 posts
    May 27, 2023, 1:02 a.m.

I would have thought 1149 to be fairer.

I hope you are correct about no decrease in S10 prices ,id like to offload mine.Definitely I'll be selling some older Fuji bodies(at a profit on some) and may get this S20 if I find a deal(?).I'll wait and see what comes to market though.E5...Pro4...T40 and see what they offer and at what price.

• Members 284 posts
    May 27, 2023, 6:27 p.m.

Fuji discontinued the series I was interested (X-E, X-Pro) so no...

• Members 18 posts
    May 27, 2023, 11:11 p.m.

There is no evidence to suggest that..HS-2 the first of the 5th gen bodies has been out around 10 months and S20 will make 4 bodies available in under a year.

Thats pretty reasonable going when considering the fact that all 4 are fairly different(apart from the 2 H models sharing the same body).

E and Pro are most likely still in development.The centre EVF/IBIS models have taken priority is seems.

• Members 284 posts
    May 30, 2023, 4:07 p.m.

John, do you think Fuji will release someday an XE5 or XPro4 or those lines are gone? Based on their emphasis on hybrids, I have my doubts 🤔

• Members 123 posts
    June 1, 2023, 3:58 p.m.

How long did DxO take to support the X-T5? Hopefully X-S20 support will appear as quickly.

It didn't seem to take long, but then, I wasn't really interested in buying an X-T5.