• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 8, 2023, 1:07 p.m.

Thankyou simplejoy.
    I agree. Last time I went to Scotland I didn't process all the pics until over a month later, and I'm trying to avoid that this time round.
    I still keep the RAWs, even though I don't usually process them, for later usage if I get the time.

• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 8, 2023, 1:08 p.m.

Thanks Digirame. I'm glad you liked the panorama.

• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 8, 2023, 1:08 p.m.

Me too.

• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 8, 2023, 1:09 p.m.

@OpenCube do you enjoy using the original Canon M?

• Members 861 posts
    Sept. 8, 2023, 11:57 p.m.

Total mixed bag. I bought them for the ML hack, and it's gotten better, but my shooting hasn't. I got it modified cause I had two and hadn't really played with it as a stills camera. Now that I am...it's very much a consumer camera. It lacks fine controls that are easily accessible. Manual focusing is a nightmare. The screen is nice, but it's too touch-based to use with an eye loupe. I can work with it, but if I was used to nothing but convenience and speed, I would steer clear. I know there are improvements with ML for the photo side, but my last experience was far too buggy and I uninstalled it.

There's also that whole discontinued problem.

To me, it boils down to needs. If you want budget cinema quality video footage, nothing is cheaper that I'm aware of and you can get stunningly beautiful footage out of it with some effort. If you want a stills camera, unless it's for fun, I would pass. There are better and alive systems that offer more functionality.

• Members 562 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 8:13 a.m.

Everybody thanks again👍
    We're not done yet still more days to go in Luxemburg:
    Even with the temperatures being to high actually we hitting the 30s (Celsius) again, the dens forest and many gorges/cliffs/rock formations keep the temperatures at a decent level in the shade

Luckily I did bring another 24-70 (the F4 IS version) so don't miss a standard walk around after the F2.8 broke

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV - Canon EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM:
    5D4_0924.jpg
    5D4_0992.jpg

Canon EOS RP - Canon RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM:
    IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg

And a short hike from yesterday we did go light:
    Only the R and RP with the RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM and RF35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM were used:
    IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    IMR_7874.jpg
    IMR_7912.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

JPG, 2.2 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

IMR_7874.jpg

JPG, 2.0 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

IMR_7912.jpg

JPG, 1.5 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

IMG_1380.jpg

JPG, 498.4 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

IMG_1347.jpg

JPG, 1.7 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

IMG_1349.jpg

JPG, 1.8 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

5D4_0992.jpg

JPG, 1.6 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

5D4_0924.jpg

JPG, 1.7 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Sept. 9, 2023.

• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 3:37 p.m.

I think ML is absolutely brilliant for canon shooters on very low budgets ( previously me). I used it on my 600D and 7D, before changing brands.

• Members 643 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 3:38 p.m.

This is my favourite pic.
    Very well done. 👍

• Members 1572 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 5:05 p.m.

Photobygms,

I enjoyed seeing your photos. I was intrigued to learn more about Luxembourg, so I did a search and see it's next to Belgium and Germany and France. It's also in a mountainous area with the highest elevation being 561 meters (1841 feet), so that explained why we could see that type of terrain in you pictures. Many of the people of Luxembourg understand and speak fluently French, German and Luxembourgish. That probably makes it easy to understand or learn English too. What type of building was that in the first photo? Was that a school house? Why was it destroyed and not restored?

• Members 562 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 5:58 p.m.

@Dunlin Thanks!
    @Digirame It's a small country but a lovely country, or to be honest the part we are the Mullerthal Region is a very nice region.
    This region is also known as little Switzerland, because of the (little) rocks and gorges and cliffs. And I totally agree.
    Have been in Switzerland and there is a similarity.

That building is the Haardhaff ruine. Don't know what its purpose used to be but the allied forces have used it as a encampment back in 44/45
    During the Battle of the Bulge there were U.S. Artillery positions to defend the front line on the Sauer.

• Foundation 1405 posts
    Sept. 9, 2023, 9:01 p.m.

Another good and varied week for one of the most active areas of DPRevived.

Mocha got in first with yet more of interest from the Macclesfield Canal. I particularly enjoyed his evocative first picture.

Steve T was into weeds and bugs. And then a shot of a storm on the way.

Simplejoy showed us results from his extensive store of lenses that only he seems to have. What I dont understand is how he fits them to his cameras.

Digirame was at the beach with amazing shots of coastal fog. Then some beautiful ducks.

Photobygms showed castles and and Luxembourgeois landscapes, some of which reminds me of southern Indiana. I also particularly liked his backlit fern. (Sorry to hear about the lens problem.) I expect the "Haardhaff ruine" is actually showing war damage.

I had a second go at the 120 metre ÖBB building; but am still not satisfied. I am waiting for a new tripod head to arrive that will allow me to get more accurate levelling, and I think that the sun might be better between 11am and noon. Also, I might move closer, at the risk of being hit by a tram...

OpenCube joined us (welcome!) with one of his interesting reworked-colour shots. Then the photo of the week, which has appeared on several threads: "Black ink won the war of words in the old west." Something else!

Dunlin walked up Balluderon Hill and must, together with Photobygms by now be hyper-healthy. Lovely shots -- and I am very impressed by the large version of his superb panorama! His moon shot is also good, though I am mystified as to why it didnt show directly on the page.

Keep 'em coming!

The new weekly thread is open here. Please start using it now.