• Members 2234 posts
    Sept. 8, 2026, 10:11 p.m.

    L1102296.jpg

    L1102296.jpg

    JPG, 3.7 MB, uploaded by Daneland on Sept. 8, 2026.

  • Sept. 9, 2026, 4:02 p.m.

    Those red doors really don't seem to belong there. What a weird building. They certainly focus my eyes away from the runner.

    Alan

  • Members 514 posts
    Sept. 9, 2026, 6:49 p.m.

    Very nice lines (vertical and horizontal). That caught my eye! Did you concentrate on holding the cameral level (and maybe crop the image?) or did you adjust keystone in post? I'm asking, because... I do those things! I try to keep the camera level in some instances where appropriate (when lines are important) unless I am intentionally shooting "up" or "down" (and then the convergence is part of the picture). The red doors (level 1) are just slightly "off" (need to talk to the architect or the construction contractor about that) but the light pole is pretty darn straight (plumb). LOL. And... the runner is "moving" -- I like it! :-)

  • Members 2234 posts
    Sept. 9, 2026, 8:46 p.m.

    I usually level the camera and check the frame edges for parallelism using reference lines to minimise distortion and apply keystone corrections. However, I couldn’t make these adjustments as I spotted the runner and had to quickly compose the shot while he passed in front of the doors. I applied keystone correction in Lightroom . I’ve attached a non-edited version for reference. As you can see I edited quite a bit.

    L1102296-2.jpg

    L1102296-2.jpg

    JPG, 1.8 MB, uploaded by Daneland on Sept. 9, 2026.

  • Members 1622 posts
    Sept. 9, 2026, 9:56 p.m.

    ¡Hola Kadir!
    I love the scene, the nighttime atmosphere, and the solitude of that small figure of the runner passing in front of the straight lines that make up the huge building... but, in this case, I prefer the wider framing and the overall lighting of the original image.