• Members 2421 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 2:48 p.m.

    This is the weekly Collegial Show Your Photos Any Brand thread where we invite you to show your own pictures. It is collegial in that it is a pleasant and friendly place among photographers to share.

    I will begin this thread each Monday (Pacific Standard Time) to give each of you all the chance to share your weekend photos with us, for those that follow a regular work week schedule and choose to do it that way. But the pictures can be taken at any time with any camera, including your cell phone. It's open to all skill levels from beginners to advanced. The images posted can be anything from casual snaps to extraordinary. I'll be sure to comment to each of your photos, if you choose to share. Replies from others are encouraged also.

    The intent of this thread to mainly to just show photos in a relaxed way and to generate replies or comments about them. Generally I'm not planning to critique any image unless asked. But I or we may ask things about a photo that may develop into a discussion, always being friendly and helpful. It has been a request that I mention this and from what I've learned from past experience: Can you ask a member first if they would mind you editing their photos?

    Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each. Please share any tips or techniques too. A narrative sometimes also helps. Thanks everyone for your participation.

  • Members 2421 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 2:54 p.m.

    Subject: Road Trip

    In early September I took a road trip to visit some people, driving down the main highway. As a passenger, I was able to take a few photos, some through the glass and sometimes through an open window.

    Photo No. 1 - This was taken during the middle of the day. I wasn't sure if this was smoke from a fire or a thunderstorm. I think it was a fire near the Cascade Mountains, in Oregon.
    ResizedDPR1.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/1250 seconds
    FNumber - 11
    ISOSpeedRatings - 400
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 181 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 2 - The rest of the pictures were taken in late afternoon on the trip back home. The clouds started rolling in.
    ResizedDPR2.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/640 seconds
    FNumber - 11
    ISOSpeedRatings - 1600
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 60 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 3 - It's very challenging taking these kind of pictures while driving.
    ResizedDPR3.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/640 seconds
    FNumber - 9
    ISOSpeedRatings - 1250
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 63 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 4 - Most of them are not very good, because something gets in the way or the shutter speed is not fast enough or something like that.
    ResizedDPR4.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/640 seconds
    FNumber - 9
    ISOSpeedRatings - 800
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 70 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 5 - But some of them can look spectacular.
    ResizedDPR5.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/800 seconds
    FNumber - 10
    ISOSpeedRatings - 2000
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 81 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 6 - I was trying to take a picture of a sunset through the window glass. It was really hard. Then I saw these orange trees, where I could take them through an open side window. They were orange because the sun was so low in the horizon, just getting ready to set.
    ResizedDPR6.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/500 seconds
    FNumber - 8
    ISOSpeedRatings - 2000
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 55 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    Photo No. 7 - Finally, I got a sunset I liked through the glass on the opposite side.
    ResizedDPR7.jpg
    Model - Canon EOS M50m2
    ExposureTime - 1/1000 seconds
    FNumber - 8
    ISOSpeedRatings - 2000
    ExposureBiasValue - 0
    FocalLength - 55 mm
    Lens Model - EF-M55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

    ResizedDPR7.jpg

    JPG, 251.6 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR6.jpg

    JPG, 199.5 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR4.jpg

    JPG, 198.4 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR5.jpg

    JPG, 213.8 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR2.jpg

    JPG, 144.9 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR3.jpg

    JPG, 139.9 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

    ResizedDPR1.jpg

    JPG, 94.1 KB, uploaded by Digirame on Oct. 5, 2026.

  • Members 1083 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 5:34 p.m.

    A picture doesn't have to be perfect 😉 I do like them. We do the same, the passenger makes photos while the other one drives

  • Members 1083 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 5:39 p.m.

    We did go out for a hike its the first longer hike after our holiday.
    The weather was nice, perhaps to warm but that is something we can't change.....
    IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3274.jpg
    62B_9931.jpg
    62B_9930.jpg
    62B_9926.jpg
    62B_9924.jpg
    62B_9912.jpg
    62A_9901.jpg
    62A_9894.jpg
    62A_9889.jpg
    62A_9884.jpg

    IMG_3275.jpg

    JPG, 2.2 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62B_9924.jpg

    JPG, 2.5 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    IMG_3274.jpg

    JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62B_9931.jpg

    JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62A_9889.jpg

    JPG, 2.1 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62B_9930.jpg

    JPG, 761.0 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62A_9901.jpg

    JPG, 1.2 MB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62B_9926.jpg

    JPG, 557.1 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62A_9894.jpg

    JPG, 572.8 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62B_9912.jpg

    JPG, 596.0 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

    62A_9884.jpg

    JPG, 547.3 KB, uploaded by Photobygms on Oct. 5, 2026.

  • Members 2421 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 6:33 p.m.

    Thanks Photobygms,

    Yes, it's hard to take a perfect photo from a fast moving car, but then sometimes a photo can look perfect, only because something was captured unexpectedly. It could be a tree in the foreground that gave the picture more depth. Showing that tree in the foreground may have not looked like the best thing at the time, but later turns out to be better than originally thought. I hope that makes sense. 😀

  • Members 2421 posts
    Oct. 5, 2026, 6:40 p.m.

    Photobygms,

    Enjoy your warm weather. I like seeing your photos from you hike. My favorite is the spider. That's perfect for Halloween. 😀