I love views from above like this.
I love views from above like this.
This is excellent: it fits the frame well and there is a lot of detail!
Yes, I agree: highly challenging and the challenge has been well met.
I am nor into propelling pencils, but fountain pens -- particularly Parker and Lamy, and I will try to capture some later this week.
David
The core of AI... 😑
Last week I went to see Frameless in London. Such a cool way to spend an hour or two.
Looks like great experience, initially it looked to me like multi-floor stage with transparent floor/ceiling, later I realized that it's reflection.
Ben Hiant
The highest point of the Ardnamurchan peninsula. This was the only day of our week that didn't require full waterproofs!
It's supposed to have one of the best summit views in Scotland, and indeed it was a fine view, reaching around from the Small Isles clockwise through the mainland hills (though Ben Nevis was of course permanently shrouded in cloud), around to Mull. And we could actually see some of it!Overnight rain left the going a bit soggy.
Part way up, with the summit to the left, looking north to the distant shape of the isle of Eigg out ar sea. It's a total climb of about 360metres from the road, so not too taxing, even with our various muscular-skeletal issues
Nicely captured water on grass in first shot. I like second shot very much, it looks like painting. Only problem with such wilderness images is lack of scale perception, there is nothing to compare mountains or water with.
I was curious about the Yard o Led "Perfecta" , which is decorated by hand with over 3000 chasing taps. Each pencil is unique. I found a "New old stock" one, whilst killing time on internet.
Yard o Led was owned for a long while by Filofax. Recently they have been acquired by a company dealing in "luxury brands". Carrying out I am told is called "market repositioning" is moving their prices into the stratosphere. My example made in 1997 was a fraction of the €800 they charge now for this pencil. This is happening to so many brands that made good quality stuff, but was reasonably priced.
Crazy prices, but with current tendency to create one-time throwaway items I kind of understand why they are valued so much. Especially when hand-writing is kind of dying art.
Anglezarke
With the recent reopening of the Heapey Dam, I can now easily reach the woods along the North East shore of Anglezarke reservoir. As such, I've spent the last couple of weeks revisiting and exploring that area.
Wow, your BW shots are great, they look like captured masterpieces of nature. I've tried BW shots of forest but it's hard to find well-defined patters with loss of eye-sensitive green colour information, but you managed to capture well-defined tree shapes very nicely.