• Members 2570 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 2:08 p.m.

    Superb capture. Enough said.

  • Members 2570 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 2:10 p.m.

    Totally concur, pain in the rear and sheer determination in front. Well caught.

  • Members 2236 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 4:07 p.m.

    Congrats for your achievement, this is my pick.

  • Members 2236 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 4:09 p.m.

    mFT is the king :) This is very nice

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 5:36 p.m.

    Rainforest

    I'm taking a week's holiday on the west coast of Scotland, with no wi-fi and a weak phone signal, so hope I can keep up!

    On the journey we stopped briefly at the side of Loch Sunart and strolled down to a wildlife hide above the water. Another visitor, just leaving, armed with telescope claimed he had seen a White Tailed Eagle sitting in a tree. Lo and behold, when I looked with the aid of the trusty old Oly plastic fantastic, there was not only an eagle in the tree, but an actual nest! And two huge eagles! ... very far away 😉

    P9117105.jpg

    Zoom in and you can make out the nest - a huge platform of branches - with a big bird sitting on it. I looked it up when I got the chance, and apparently the 'chicks' just fledged a couple of days ago (started flying around.)

    P9117108.jpg

    The Ardnamurchan peninsula has some of the best remnants of rare Celtic Rainforest, so we spent this morning exploring some beautiful oak and birch woodland - in the rain 😁

    P9127109.jpg

    P9127133.jpg

    P9127134.jpg

    P9127109.jpg

    JPG, 6.2 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on Sept. 12, 2026.

    P9127133.jpg

    JPG, 6.1 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on Sept. 12, 2026.

    P9127134.jpg

    JPG, 5.5 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on Sept. 12, 2026.

    P9117108.jpg

    JPG, 3.7 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on Sept. 12, 2026.

    P9117105.jpg

    JPG, 4.4 MB, uploaded by Woodsider79 on Sept. 12, 2026.

  • Members 517 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 5:50 p.m.

    Chicago was fun to visit. I have not been able to do much weeding-out and processing (too busy with work). But, here's one I quickly fiddled with. Another picture of a building. There are many more. It's Chicago! The 14-24 is nice to have in these instances.

    chicago-pinnacle-small.jpg

    chicago-pinnacle-small.jpg

    JPG, 5.1 MB, uploaded by cpm on Sept. 12, 2026.

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:06 p.m.

    Lovely contrast of warm and cool light, and great sense of place.

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:08 p.m.

    Another vote for the black.

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:14 p.m.

    My first 'proper' digital camera was an LX 5 which I loved, so the LX10 does sound like an attractive proposition. However, I'm not in a position to contemplate replacing or adding cameras just now...hope the EM5 II keeps going for the time being...

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:15 p.m.

    Just fantastic!

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:19 p.m.

    These are exquisite Chris. Were they actually taken this week or did you process them this week? I'd have thought it a bit late in the season for such beauties.

  • Members 1547 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 6:23 p.m.

    I like the perspective in this. I'm enjoying the architecture without getting a pain in the neck 😁

  • Members 2765 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 9:08 p.m.

    Reminds me of those terrible sports "Cross Country" lessons I hated at school. I liked this one very much.

  • Members 2765 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 9:10 p.m.

    Really nice set this week. These places are always relaxing.

  • Members 2765 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 9:12 p.m.

    I presume you factored in the rain that seems ever present in Scotland.

    I really like this shot with the ancient pathway.

  • Members 2765 posts
    Sept. 12, 2026, 9:14 p.m.

    Imposing comes to mind. Nice one.

  • Members 1054 posts
    Sept. 13, 2026, 7:14 a.m.

    Looks like cinematic scene with its colours.

    To me new Pen looks like repackaged into different body OM-5. I had OM-5 and its main issue was that it felt bit too cramped on right side, I had issue with focus point moving accidentally due to navigation pad button press with my palm. And usage with gloves was not good due to small and not very prominent back buttons. OM-3 is bit bigger and the inadvertent button press does not occur very often but small button issue remains. From reviews seems like handling of Pen is similar to OM-5 so it seems step backward from OM-3 and I will wait better offers. My ideal camera would be OM-1/OM-3 innard packaged into smaller body with tilt screen (or tilt and articulated) and back buttons implemented with Hasselblad-style design, leaving more room for handholding and not sacrificing usability. But I'm afraid that with current technology it's not possible, maybe after generation or two the power consumption efficiency and performance will increase enough so that it can be packaged into smaller body.

  • Members 1054 posts
    Sept. 13, 2026, 7:21 a.m.

    Wow, strikingly great image: the light and shadows, movement.