Superb capture. Enough said.
Superb capture. Enough said.
Totally concur, pain in the rear and sheer determination in front. Well caught.
HM
This weekend city's traffic is disrupted due to Tallinn Marathon. Today was half-marathon and 10 km day, tomorrow is marathon. I did half, feeling bit tired but it went well and I can consider my 23-week training period successful. Of course I took my om-3 with me and after I got my backback back from storage I snapped some pictures from finish area hustle. SOOC photos.
Congrats for your achievement, this is my pick.
FEN
Once In a while I visit Oliphant Fen in Bruce County, Ontario. It’s a rare coastal wetland and nature reserve. It has some unique species like orchids and other wildflowers…
mFT is the king :) This is very nice
I'm taking a week's holiday on the west coast of Scotland, with no wi-fi and a weak phone signal, so hope I can keep up!
On the journey we stopped briefly at the side of Loch Sunart and strolled down to a wildlife hide above the water. Another visitor, just leaving, armed with telescope claimed he had seen a White Tailed Eagle sitting in a tree. Lo and behold, when I looked with the aid of the trusty old Oly plastic fantastic, there was not only an eagle in the tree, but an actual nest! And two huge eagles! ... very far away 😉
Zoom in and you can make out the nest - a huge platform of branches - with a big bird sitting on it. I looked it up when I got the chance, and apparently the 'chicks' just fledged a couple of days ago (started flying around.)
The Ardnamurchan peninsula has some of the best remnants of rare Celtic Rainforest, so we spent this morning exploring some beautiful oak and birch woodland - in the rain 😁
A wintery shot of a famous old pub near London Bridge.
Anyone tempted by the new OM System Pen F? I must admit, I did enjoy my previous Olympus computational photography and incredible IBIS which makes taking these sort of hand-held shots a breeze. And it has come on a long way since then. Robin Wong's YouTube review is a good one, I always enjoy his enthusiasm. One of his friends used to be a contributor to this thread back in its heyday. Although the new Pen is pug-ugly compared to the beautiful Pen-F on which it is based. I had two of them and loved them apart from the hugely irritating exposure comp dial on the corner which would drag on my bag as I took the camera out and set itself to +3, every - single - time.
Lovely contrast of warm and cool light, and great sense of place.
From Behind the Iron Curtain
Could not resist adding this unusual L. C. Hardtmuth 5640 four colour pencil to my collection. It dates from about 1955 and made in Czechoslovakia.
When it arrived I could not figure out how it worked, as the leads were held far above the nozzle, and the instructions were in Czechoslovak. I found an app for my iPhone and it made a translation clear enough to understand the mechanism.
It is pretty clever and unique. It works by gravity. You twist the head and a lead falls down to the point, and a clutch pencil mechanism grips the lead. To change colour you turn the pencil point up and let the lead fall back into the storage. Twist the top to a new colour and repeat.
I enjoy the ingenuity of these old four colour pencils.
Nikon Z8 with 105 Macro. 25 picture stack shot in my mini light box I build out of white translucent Perspex sheets.
Not sure if I like the black or blue background better.
Another vote for the black.
[quote="@Wormsmeat"]
I am not tempted by this new Pen, but I am mighty tempted by the Panasonic L10, which is an update of the LX1. The LX1 was a nice all in one package, with a nice little zoom. I do not know how good the OM IBIS is now, but the IBIS in my Z8 is impressive.
My first 'proper' digital camera was an LX 5 which I loved, so the LX10 does sound like an attractive proposition. However, I'm not in a position to contemplate replacing or adding cameras just now...hope the EM5 II keeps going for the time being...
Pigeon Rescuer
This photo has been published in the Guardian's online edition.
A short summary about the group can be read there.
Just fantastic!
FEN
Once In a while I visit Oliphant Fen in Bruce County, Ontario. It’s a rare coastal wetland and nature reserve. It has some unique species like orchids and other wildflowers…
These are exquisite Chris. Were they actually taken this week or did you process them this week? I'd have thought it a bit late in the season for such beauties.
Chicago was fun to visit. I have not been able to do much weeding-out and processing (too busy with work). But, here's one I quickly fiddled with. Another picture of a building. There are many more. It's Chicago! The 14-24 is nice to have in these instances.
I like the perspective in this. I'm enjoying the architecture without getting a pain in the neck 😁
HM
This weekend city's traffic is disrupted due to Tallinn Marathon. Today was half-marathon and 10 km day, tomorrow is marathon. I did half, feeling bit tired but it went well and I can consider my 23-week training period successful. Of course I took my om-3 with me and after I got my backback back from storage I snapped some pictures from finish area hustle. SOOC photos.
Reminds me of those terrible sports "Cross Country" lessons I hated at school. I liked this one very much.
FEN
Once In a while I visit Oliphant Fen in Bruce County, Ontario. It’s a rare coastal wetland and nature reserve. It has some unique species like orchids and other wildflowers…
Really nice set this week. These places are always relaxing.
Rainforest
I'm taking a week's holiday on the west coast of Scotland, with no wi-fi and a weak phone signal, so hope I can keep up!
On the journey we stopped briefly at the side of Loch Sunart and strolled down to a wildlife hide above the water. Another visitor, just leaving, armed with telescope claimed he had seen a White Tailed Eagle sitting in a tree. Lo and behold, when I looked with the aid of the trusty old Oly plastic fantastic, there was not only an eagle in the tree, but an actual nest! And two huge eagles! ... very far away 😉
The Ardnamurchan peninsula has some of the best remnants of rare Celtic Rainforest, so we spent this morning exploring some beautiful oak and birch woodland - in the rain 😁
I presume you factored in the rain that seems ever present in Scotland.
I really like this shot with the ancient pathway.
Chicago was fun to visit. I have not been able to do much weeding-out and processing (too busy with work). But, here's one I quickly fiddled with. Another picture of a building. There are many more. It's Chicago! The 14-24 is nice to have in these instances.
Imposing comes to mind. Nice one.
A wintery shot of a famous old pub near London Bridge.
Anyone tempted by the new OM System Pen F? I must admit, I did enjoy my previous Olympus computational photography and incredible IBIS which makes taking these sort of hand-held shots a breeze. And it has come on a long way since then. Robin Wong's YouTube review is a good one, I always enjoy his enthusiasm. One of his friends used to be a contributor to this thread back in its heyday. Although the new Pen is pug-ugly compared to the beautiful Pen-F on which it is based. I had two of them and loved them apart from the hugely irritating exposure comp dial on the corner which would drag on my bag as I took the camera out and set itself to +3, every - single - time.
Looks like cinematic scene with its colours.
To me new Pen looks like repackaged into different body OM-5. I had OM-5 and its main issue was that it felt bit too cramped on right side, I had issue with focus point moving accidentally due to navigation pad button press with my palm. And usage with gloves was not good due to small and not very prominent back buttons. OM-3 is bit bigger and the inadvertent button press does not occur very often but small button issue remains. From reviews seems like handling of Pen is similar to OM-5 so it seems step backward from OM-3 and I will wait better offers. My ideal camera would be OM-1/OM-3 innard packaged into smaller body with tilt screen (or tilt and articulated) and back buttons implemented with Hasselblad-style design, leaving more room for handholding and not sacrificing usability. But I'm afraid that with current technology it's not possible, maybe after generation or two the power consumption efficiency and performance will increase enough so that it can be packaged into smaller body.
Pigeon Rescuer
This photo has been published in the Guardian's online edition.
A short summary about the group can be read there.
Wow, strikingly great image: the light and shadows, movement.